Engine Management Light ? I have OBD software :)

The Volvo you want to know something about isn't a 480, but you can't find the answer to your question anywhere... Well, what the heck, have a try here in this corner of Volvos friendliest community...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

ChrisRidett
Knows where Volvo is from

Engine Management Light ? I have OBD software :)

Post by ChrisRidett » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:26 pm

Offer only open to 480 club members and good mates of members. I know the 480's dont have ODB ( they were cooler ad had they're own diag tool :) )

I have an OBD2 reader linked to a laptop with some very comprehensive software - covers most post 1999 cars.
Talks fine to my strange X plate Hyundai Elantra and can clear fault codes etc

If anyone needs codes read in the SE london area they can pop round and I'll see if I can read/ clear them.

I got it to help diagnose a problem on the Hyundai's ABS - it even showed real time data for the abs sensors.

Laters guys
Cars: Bond Bug 700ES, Reliant Scimitar GTE SE5A,Vauxhall Carlton CDX 2.6, Nissan 200 SX , MG-ZR, Rover 25 , Volvo V40 1.9TD, 480 Turbo..POPPY- to be released back into the wild, Volvo V70 D5 (ExWife nicked it, gave it back broken,I fixed it temp, flogged it to WeByAnyCr before it broke again :). Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CDX ( Strangest car ever).
Now have a full OBD software so although the 480's didnt have it - any members need a cars Engine Management Light reset post 1999 get in touch :)