Renault Clio RSi - Volvo 480 ES Turbo conversion advice plz

The Volvo you want to know something about isn't a 480, but you can't find the answer to your question anywhere... Well, what the heck, have a try here in this corner of Volvos friendliest community...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

ClioRSiTurbo
Started learning about 480

Renault Clio RSi - Volvo 480 ES Turbo conversion advice plz

Post by ClioRSiTurbo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 am

I need to speak to someone regarding Renault Clio - volvo 480 turbo engine conversions... I've just bought a Volvo 480 ES turbo, was an ES but had a B18ft dropped into it, running a t25 got some more info if needed, I'm picking it up in 3 days. I currently own a Clio RSi 1.8 8v and want to drop the turbo lump into the Clio, I know it's a big job but I'm going to do it, mechanical side of things I should be fine with.

It's the wiring side I want some help and advice with, bit skint at the minute but any help that gets that turbo running in my car will be rewarded with a drink etc...

Not one to join and post forums usually but would really appreciate the help, please help me.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Located in Berkshire

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: Renault Clio RSi - Volvo 480 ES Turbo conversion advice

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:08 pm

would that be the blue one which was an early turbo conversion that was advertised 3 times on ebay very recently by berts-industries. The highest price was £525 but was relisted after that !

look at this thread...http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/v ... 0&start=40

ClioRSiTurbo
Started learning about 480

Post by ClioRSiTurbo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:21 pm

That is the one yea, why?

It's been resisted due to him being messed about, I'm collecting it on Sunday, spoken a good bit, got address etc...

Sorry if I sound thick but is that thread related to th Volvo I'm buying? Looks to be a different one...

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:29 am

no reason other than if it were not so far away from me I would have gone after it myself , looks like you got a good one there best of luck GJ