440 diesel service manual

The Volvo you want to know something about isn't a 480, but you can't find the answer to your question anywhere... Well, what the heck, have a try here in this corner of Volvos friendliest community...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

shimon340
Knows where Volvo is from

440 diesel service manual

Post by shimon340 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:09 pm

hello everyone!

sorry for not being around for a while. I've still got both 480s. one black auto and one paris blue manual. The blue one needs more work though. It leaks and needs a clutch!

I know this is a 480 site but does anyone have any volvo green book service manuals for the 400 series diesel? My 440 TD wont start and Ive got so far with it but really need a proper volvo manual for specs and diagnosis.

just wondering if anyone has one.

if so, we can chat and see which sections you have and if I could get copies etc etc

cheers!

shimon

guitarcarfanatic
480 Is my middle name

Post by guitarcarfanatic » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:50 pm

Don't have the service book but I'm guessing it's something simple because diesels are in their very nature incredible simple!

I'm guessing you have checked these but these are most common diesel not starting problems (providing the starter turns).

* Is fuel getting to the injectors?
* Is the stop solinoid working correctly?
*Doesn't an immobiliser does it? Normally stops the stop solinoid from working if this is at fault.
* Air in fuel? Have you checked all diesel carrying pipes and seals? Do you have a manual fuel primer? If so pump it up and make sure it gets hard
*Preheating system? I'm guessing you have new glowplugs and have tested they are getting the current they need when the ignition is turned? Maybe a relay problem if they aren't getting current.
* Air system is in good condition and no blockages? Turbo hasn't failed and choking the engine is it?

Just a few ideas for you. Don't worry it can't be too hard to solve. Mayeb check the Renault forums as the 19 had the same engine I believe.

Good luck!

Rob
1996 Saab 9000 CSE 2litre EcoTurbo

Previously...
Peugeot 406 executive TD - The devil!

1991 Red Turbo - Great condition and surprisingly un-rusty!

1989 Light Blue metallic Turbo - Sold!

1993 Steel grey S - Bought for parts

1990 Red ES - Now resting in car heaven!

1989 Black ES - Great runner

1989 Black ES - Spares Car. I murdered it!