Indentations in potential leather - what should i do?

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Matthew Brennan
480 Rookie

Indentations in potential leather - what should i do?

Post by Matthew Brennan » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:28 am

Hi All

Quick advice needed

I have been offered a full leather interior for £120 + £70 to ship it on a pallet to my house (he's in Yorkshire, i'm in Devon). If it was in perfect nick i would bite the bullet and pay it but it has what have been described to me as "indentations"

Does anyone have any experience of such indentations - as the seller has advised: "the marks you have identified are indentations and not marks, it would be fair to say that the seats are not perfect and do have some marks and scuffs but no holes or rips, some of the indents will probably come out in time with use. "

He seems like a decent enough guy and has 100% positive feedback on ebay. What should I do? Will the marks come out over time, does anyone have any experience - I gotta dash to work now chums!!

BYEEEE!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

fargo
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by fargo » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:28 am

A good trimmer would change the faulty pieces of hibe for beans, I guess...
480 Turbo, '93, White

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:20 am

70 pound makes it a worse deal just shame it aint close to you.
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

JayTee
480 Expert

Post by JayTee » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:33 am

from the look of them .
I'd say the indents will come out over time when my daughter was
a little smaller she used a child seat that was restrained by the 3 point belt .when it was removed it left some marks like those it didn't take long for them to regain shape
There's a bit of 480 in all of us

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v140/JayTee7774/

ReVolvoLution
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by ReVolvoLution » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:21 am

I decked out my old primera with half leather (from a breakers in Yorkshire too!) They had been removed from a write off and stored but someone had piled the door cards on top of the rear seats and they were full of little indentations off the pins on the rear of the door cards.

I treated the leather time and time again but they never came out. Sold it a year and a half later and they were still there! But it has to be said the whole lot only cost £45 :D

With it being the passenger seat they might pull out quicker than the rears with them getting more use, but its a lot of money to fork out to take the risk!

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Check this out for wacky...

We had a bit of a shift round in our living room, and had some nice big indentations in the carpet where the wooden feet of the sofa's used to be. Annoying, as it looked crap. A few days later we had new carpet fitted to the landing, so we asked the fitter about these indentations and wether they would come out or not. He said to get some ice (couple of cubes) and just place them on the dents and let them melt. He said to do it everyday over the period of a week and they should come out... 4 days later and the dents were gone. Magic! Don't know if it would be the same for the seats, but he did say it used to work on his leather sofa...

I'd see if i could haggle the bloke down-£70 for delivery is quite alot, especially with the marks in.
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Matthew Brennan
480 Rookie

Post by Matthew Brennan » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:22 pm

Thanks Chaps!

Yeah I am beginning to think maybee not, i had held of bidding on the celebration leather on EBAY (went tfor £86) because he was trying to take the seats out of the car, and i am beggining to think i made a mistake.

I'm not gonna take the risk on those indents...

I will ask the seller if he wishes me to provide a link on the parts section of this site in case anyone else lwho ives closer wants them.

Matt

Richmann1
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by Richmann1 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:29 pm

Hi Matthew

Where about in yorkshire are they i might be able to pick them up for you and ill drop them off next time in devon if you still want them.

Rich
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection no 329/480.

Matthew Brennan
480 Rookie

Post by Matthew Brennan » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:00 am

Hi RIch,

I'm actually not to sure where abouts they are in whippet-land. I've given up on them now and am re-searching for seats (it gives me something to do).

Thank you though for the very kind offer mate, it was a really good ikea (idea) it made me bristol (brissle) with exitement when i read it.

I'll just keep looking yorks-here on this forum and somone will have the indents (intent) to sell me some fooking leather and stop PUN-ishing me.

A-HAAAAA

ReVolvoLution
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by ReVolvoLution » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:16 am

:lol:

Hands off my cow man! Image

dime bar
Started learning about 480

Post by dime bar » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:17 pm

i am not to far away and have had the same troubles ring to get some leather. can i have the link?
Black K Reg 480 ES, Rock and Roll RIP my ES is dead

http://www.yourarea.biz/
http://www.jonbyrne.com/

donpaulo
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by donpaulo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:28 am

Northwest Trading are a volvo breakers in wigan. They have a celeb in the noo. Don't know if it has the interior still or what condition. 01942 322880
480 celebration 119/480. red. GCH. Sml Gdn.all mod cons. Can I have a turbo please anybody? Land Rover series 3 SWB 1981, no cup holder. pug106 diesel, 8000mpg, 12p per month insurance.