Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

User avatar
MisterH
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by MisterH » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:00 am

Oooh you have the same seats as my car, with the blue piping, that is quite rare

When it comes to rust be sure to check the metal bar behind the bumpers as they can go easily without warning
Current Jobs to do (13/9/21):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
New Shocks
Flickering Dash warning lights
Annoying Scratching Squeak

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:57 pm

Today I took the stretcher! All processed with sand, and painted with powder paint
Image
Image
No damage, only small rusty moments that can be removed with sand
Last edited by Spainal on Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

User avatar
MisterH
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by MisterH » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:10 pm

I have never seen one looking that good, see what Jeff says, he is the expert of experts with these...
Current Jobs to do (13/9/21):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
New Shocks
Flickering Dash warning lights
Annoying Scratching Squeak

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:25 pm

Sanding and painting
Image
Image
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

User avatar
Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe
Posts: 4597
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:45 am
Location: Inverness
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Murf » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:24 pm

That looks like a load of work but you'll be rewarded by its rarity in Russia 😁
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
C30 R Design
Mazda Bongo Van 🙈

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:12 am

Good day, reader!
Little by little I begin to assemble the car, since I have little time, work, home, family, there is little time left for the car.
What has been done in the end, what is planned, let's start!

1. The engine is disassembled and spare parts purchased. diagnostics of the engine was carried out, all the gaps are in the tolerances and it is worth changing only the owners, rings and all the oil seals. A week later I start assembling the engine.

2. The subframe was cleaned and painted, all oil seals on the subframe were replaced, the rear engine mount was restored (filled with polyurethane)

3. Dismantled the front of the car, before assembling the engine, I plan to tidy up the engine compartment.

4. It is necessary to diagnose the electrical wiring of the engine compartment for the presence of a short circuit.

5. I bought a new additional electric pump original. I will install it.

6. I am thinking about replacing the pipes in the cooling system, I don’t know what to replace yet. (if there is anything to suggest, I will be glad)
7. I think either to restore or look for the headlight shock absorbers that hold the headlights, they are dead and have a free ride.

8. To make an exhaust system from a stainless pipe, since the original one cannot be bought from us, or rather you can buy it, but only a couple of its pieces cannot be found, it will be easier to make a tuning one.

9. Replaced the air conditioning compressor with a contract one.

10. It is necessary to give the injector diagnostics

Here I have roughly described the immediate plans that need to be done before the New Year, everything depends on money and time, well, I hope I will succeed.
I have problems with the assembly of the cabin, I have lost the small parts of the rear seat fasteners. I will also restore the panel, it is old and has some damage, not critical can be restored.
You need to find the middle part of the taillights where the lock is.
Can someone tell me from what you can replace the nozzle of the water spray on the rear window.
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

User avatar
MisterH
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by MisterH » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:41 am

Hi there, glad to hear its going well

Firstly, wow that is an extensive list of jobs done, don't know how many 480s are in Russia but you are leading the way!

As for the washer nozzle, I am not sure how to fashion a substitute, but if it helps, I have a guide on how to fit a replacement, which you may find useful for the job:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36176&p=220879&hil ... le#p220879

Not sure if it is what you're looking for, but maybe there is something there.

As for interior trim rebuilding, if you are quite good at building scale models then it shouldn't be an issue, otherwise I advise going to a Model Shop and getting some plastic card, it is very useful for 480s
Current Jobs to do (13/9/21):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
New Shocks
Flickering Dash warning lights
Annoying Scratching Squeak

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:14 am

MisterH wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:41 am
Hi there, glad to hear its going well

Firstly, wow that is an extensive list of jobs done, don't know how many 480s are in Russia but you are leading the way!

As for the washer nozzle, I am not sure how to fashion a substitute, but if it helps, I have a guide on how to fit a replacement, which you may find useful for the job:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36176&p=220879&hil ... le#p220879

Not sure if it is what you're looking for, but maybe there is something there.

As for interior trim rebuilding, if you are quite good at building scale models then it shouldn't be an issue, otherwise I advise going to a Model Shop and getting some plastic card, it is very useful for 480s
Yes, we have very few of them left in Russia, I have another car in the city, well, it is almost dead!
Everyone who sees her is not who we have not seen, the police stops to see what kind of beast =)))
I will do it myself, I need a clip that holds the backs of the rear seats! as a last resort, I will make a homemade one of plastic, if anyone has a 3D model to make on a 3D printer!
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:19 am

The question is not dismantling or installation, but where to buy such a nozzle, we cannot find such a thing ...
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

User avatar
MisterH
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by MisterH » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:56 am

Spainal wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:19 am
The question is not dismantling or installation, but where to buy such a nozzle, we cannot find such a thing ...
Ok I understand, I think Jeff might have one, if not try malkontent in Poland, he seems to get a lot of stuff
Current Jobs to do (13/9/21):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
New Shocks
Flickering Dash warning lights
Annoying Scratching Squeak

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm

MisterH wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:56 am
Spainal wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:19 am
The question is not dismantling or installation, but where to buy such a nozzle, we cannot find such a thing ...
Ok I understand, I think Jeff might have one, if not try malkontent in Poland, he seems to get a lot of stuff

Who is Jeff? you are all talking about him, but I have no idea =))
Introduce me to Jeff urgently =)
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

User avatar
MisterH
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by MisterH » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:51 pm

Spainal wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm
MisterH wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:56 am
Spainal wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:19 am


The question is not dismantling or installation, but where to buy such a nozzle, we cannot find such a thing ...
Ok I understand, I think Jeff might have one, if not try malkontent in Poland, he seems to get a lot of stuff

Who is Jeff? you are all talking about him, but I have no idea =))
Introduce me to Jeff urgently =)
He is the guy with all the rescue cars, and the forum mod, known as jifflemon :D
Current Jobs to do (13/9/21):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
New Shocks
Flickering Dash warning lights
Annoying Scratching Squeak

User avatar
MisterH
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by MisterH » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:17 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-480-As ... 635-2958-0

Looks like this lot has the washer nozzle that you need...
Current Jobs to do (13/9/21):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
New Shocks
Flickering Dash warning lights
Annoying Scratching Squeak

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 am

MisterH wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:17 pm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-480-As ... 635-2958-0

Looks like this lot has the washer nozzle that you need...
Hey!Thank you very much for half the power!
I'm not sure that it is intact ... I have never seen the rear injector .. well, is it some kind of small or am I mistaken?
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

User avatar
MisterH
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 985
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Location: Stockbridge

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by MisterH » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:44 am

Spainal wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:14 am
MisterH wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:17 pm
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-480-As ... 635-2958-0

Looks like this lot has the washer nozzle that you need...
Hey!Thank you very much for half the power!
I'm not sure that it is intact ... I have never seen the rear injector .. well, is it some kind of small or am I mistaken?
Yeah that one is the rear washer nozzle, looks like a pyramid. Yeah its a standard injector at the back, like this later Volvo part:
https://www.rendcarparts.com/20.0.0.13/ ... 7eb0cc.png

Indeed, if you are careful, I think you might be able to get away with using a later Volvo part if it has a similar injector
Current Jobs to do (13/9/21):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
New Shocks
Flickering Dash warning lights
Annoying Scratching Squeak

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:51 am

Hello everyone who reads!
In general, I ran into a problem and have already been working on it for 3 days, I can not find Pistons for adjusting headlights under the number 3412071, we do not want to sell it anywhere, they write that from VAG they say that the mount is dangling, so I want to ask who is lying around? Or can someone buy and send it to me?
Well, the question is another topical one, until I have found a replacement, this is the pipe going from the Turbine to the air filter. my branch pipe burst at the place where the turbine was attached.
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:53 am

The decision came by chance and suddenly!
The details that I need will be made on a 3D printer, made of special plastic, I will probably order there and see how it goes! Well, this only applies to fasteners, I'm looking for a branch pipe!
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 am

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by jifflemon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:11 am

Spainal wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:51 am
Hello everyone who reads!
In general, I ran into a problem and have already been working on it for 3 days, I can not find Pistons for adjusting headlights under the number 3412071, we do not want to sell it anywhere, they write that from VAG they say that the mount is dangling, so I want to ask who is lying around? Or can someone buy and send it to me?
Well, the question is another topical one, until I have found a replacement, this is the pipe going from the Turbine to the air filter. my branch pipe burst at the place where the turbine was attached.
Are These the part your looking for?

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 am

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by jifflemon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 am

Spainal wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm
Who is Jeff? you are all talking about him, but I have no idea =))
Introduce me to Jeff urgently =)
Its me :D

Spainal
Started learning about 480
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:38 pm
Location: Russia, Siberia, Krasnoyarsk
Contact:

Re: Volvo 480 Turbo from Siberia

Post by Spainal » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:19 am

jifflemon wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 am
Spainal wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm
Who is Jeff? you are all talking about him, but I have no idea =))
Introduce me to Jeff urgently =)
Its me :D
Nice to meet you =))
yes, probably they will do just write that they are slightly larger and hang out, well, they are not delivered to us in Russia and tembolee to Siberia =)
Volvo 480 Turbo!
I was born and live in Siberia! :hopping:

Post Reply