Need some assistance with the new project

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Pedro2909
480 Newbie

Need some assistance with the new project

Post by Pedro2909 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:29 pm

Hi, I did post this in the parts section due to parts related queries in the post, but I'm posting here too as I need some advice on parts suppliers and how-to for the gearbox selector part I mention by the end.

Okay, so recently been creating a shopping list for parts over the last week and a half since I became a proud owner of one of these amazing cars :hopping: First of all, a little info about the car to try and aid anyone who may be able to help; the car is now believed to be a 1994 ES 2.0i, 5 speed manual, 319-1 paint code which seems to be not too bad as the car isn't rotten in the usual places for a classic car as the previous owner unfortunately passed away in 2015 after falling ill while the car was having its MOT, the car sat for 5 years at the garage until recently. The only rust is on the rear side of the driver's door which may be repairable, and a small golf ball sized hole on the drivers-side front wing. As such the parts I will need are the aforementioned wing, possibly door (I will update on this but if anyone has one it would be good to know in advance lol), boot floor carpet, radio unit and plug from loom to radio unit, driver's door mirror housing plastics, and I am also in dire need of advice of how to remove a snapped gar linkage ball join which passed through the selector arm and sits in a slot on the bell-housing as mine is completely stuck from corrosion and the circlip is impossible to remove.

Peter