KGF Celebration

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

doingitsideways
480 Expert

KGF Celebration

Post by doingitsideways » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:44 pm

So, the recent KGF Celebration is now in a video by one of those annoying youtubers.

The presenter gets on your nerves almost instantly, but it does show the car in a non-showroom lighting situation.

Those rear lights look they've seen better days, obviously better than many, but for a getting on for £5k price tag?
(heard he didn't pay £5k for it, but how much less I've no idea)

Also, claims to be all original paint.
Guess he didn't test the front bumper then lol

https://youtu.be/R7nUJ1nqBss

Thoughts?
"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical fault!"
Hammers can't fix a 480!!!

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: KGF Celebration

Post by dcwalker » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:02 pm

I have mixed thoughts on that one myself - I understand why the buyer wanted it but equally I'd love to know what he actually paid for it!

If you search you'll find a thread where we were "analysing" that particular car, and the missing black stripe was something I picked up on with Jeff: as you say, something's been done to that front bumper...

If you're lining up to be a seller I guess seeing pressure on values is a good thing - it's what we've all been saying needs to happen. But it's such a mish-mash at the moment - quality cars for not a lot of money, rubbish being offered at premium prices :crazy:

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

Re: KGF Celebration

Post by MisterH » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:41 pm

I thought as youtubers go, He was alright, and he seemed not to slag the car off, which was a welcome attitude :D
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild