The waterfalls mini meet

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

dcwalker
480 Is my middle name

Re: The waterfalls mini meet

Post by dcwalker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:24 am

Thanks Martin

I was particularly keen for you to get to see Nilani, given she has come on quite a lot since I "relieved you "of her...I'm equally keen to see your new toy!

Let's see what can be done, pandemics, health, wives, weather etc all permitting!

All the best

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1996 460 CD & 1997 440 LE with lots of optional extras & 2007 V50 SE Sport
Previous: Celebration 331 (re-homed with Richard S), Celebration 467 (returned to Martin Mc); Celebration 346 (re-homed with Alan480); Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73 (sold on after 6 years), 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

yorkievolvo
Knows where Volvo is from

Re: The waterfalls mini meet

Post by yorkievolvo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Great day out, once the weather improved - thanks for organising it, Norm - and very informative.
Example: my scissor jack, which I believed was original equipment, turned out to be as useful as the proverbial chocolate fireguard. Without Nigel’s jack, I’d, probably, still be there!
Also, don’t drive through pools where you can’t see the bottom.
On the way home at 50 mph, I kept easing left to let the traffic pass but there was one bloke in a big off-roader who didn’t take advantage of the offer. It puzzled me a bit but when he turned off, on the outskirts of York, I saw he was towing a darn great boat!
Anyway, the ‘skinny’ got me home safely and I got a p/worn (!) tyre installed on Monday.
Now, just waiting for our French cousins to tell us when we can obtain replacement light covers.
Enjoy yourselves and stay safe: avoid the beast.