Posting images using IMGUR

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

zapcity
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Posting images using IMGUR

Post by zapcity » Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 am

A post without pictures just doesn't have the same impact.

I know there are many options to add images to posts, but I find IMGUR easy (and free for now!).

Here’s a quick & simple guide to uploading pictures and adding it into a post.

Go to IMGUR and create an account: -https://imgur.com/

Sign in to your new account

When logged in your username will appear in the top right hand corner.

Mouse on your username and select 'Images' from the drop down menu.

(you can also create albums and access them from this drop down menu)

Here all your uploaded images will be displayed (if you have any).

Click on the 'Add Images' button to add images.

At this point you can choose what size you want the uploaded image to be using the 'Auto Resize' menu. Do this before you click on 'Add Images'. 640x480 is recommended for message boards, but you can also create 80x80 images for your Avatar etc. Your choice!

To upload images you need to tell IMGUR where your pictures are. Either drag from your desktop/folder or browse your PC. I chose to drag in this instance. The image was on my desktop and I simply dragged it to the IMGUR dialogue box (with the giraffe's head).

IMGUR will upload your picture to your images page, et voila your cherished Lemur picture from Colchester Zoo appears!

If you click on an uploaded image, you will see a set of links you can use. For most message boards/forums the BBCode is used.

Just click on the 'copy' button.

and paste the link directly into your forum post and your picture will appear.

I'd suggest using the Preview option on the message board 'post a new topic' page to check your images are correct before posting.

Note: the desktop version is much easier to use than the app. but you can do all of this from the app on a tablet/phone but its more confusing! :?

Hope this is useful. :D
1994 480GT - arrived!!
XC60 and XC70 for the daily grind.
C70 Coupé Convertible for the sunny days. Should sell it but can't!

frenchfries
Advanced 480 rookie

Re: Posting images using IMGUR

Post by frenchfries » Sat May 26, 2018 3:40 pm

If you select "desktop version" of the Imgur website on your phone you can then upload pics and share them on the forum. Works........for now!
1993 Turbo auto called Skip for the important stuff
2011 Juke 190 for everything else

89of480
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by 89of480 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:02 am

I’m still using post images.org for my photos, so far I haven’t had any problems with it.
I’m going to start adding more of my Volvo onto my (already full of car) Instagram, it’s a shame we can’t embed pages like that on here, I think that would genuinely be useful as a way to combat the hosting problem, and maybe even draw more attention to the forum or something, and help people interact, I know you can already embed posts into html editors, personally I just think something like this would be cool on our little forum;

Anyone else think this would be a good idea?
I dont know how easy it would be to enable html editing for the BBCode forum though, but it’s just a thought :D
‘95 Celebration Auto - №89 of 480 - Flame Red Metaillic
‘17 BMW M140i Shadow Edition - Black Sapphire Metallic

eye of ra
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by eye of ra » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:49 am

Having gone from photobucket to google then to postimage.org that then changed to .cc I’m now using a mixture of VGY and Imgur so hopefully I’ll only have to edit half my posts if it happens again.
89of480 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:02 am
I’m still using post images.org for my photos, so far I haven’t had any problems with it.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your early posts are not showing pictures because they have .org not .cc.
Current:
480 ES Auto 1989
480 Celebration 187
480 ES Auto 1991
CLK430 Conv 2001
Hyundai i10 2015

89of480
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by 89of480 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:54 pm

eye of ra wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:49 am

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but your early posts are not showing pictures because they have .org not .cc.
I noticed unfortunately the pictures are missing, I was going to re-upload a lot of them, I can’t remember if I used post image that long ago to be honest, if I have though, then I shall begin the arduous task of changing all the extensions to (hopefully) make them work again :D
‘95 Celebration Auto - №89 of 480 - Flame Red Metaillic
‘17 BMW M140i Shadow Edition - Black Sapphire Metallic