Another Dies.....

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

LASEROWL
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Another Dies.....

Post by LASEROWL » Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Well as title says sadley the day has come for ANG as some new her by to finally go to 480 heaven. :cryhard:
The 480 that was bought for so little and has given so much.

A short history:
Originally from Registered in 1991 on the Isle of man with GNM 480 as the plate, a chap from Norfolk imported her over here in 2002
and since IOM plate arnt road legal in UK she became H59 ANG she sat on the guys parents drive for a year and then along came
MR Pearson and Myself. She was purchased and driven from Norfolk to Birmingham without any problems. Lee worked his magic and of we
went to the Scotish meet in Glasgow, what a little beaut, with the newly serviced B18EP engine pulling great........just ask Lee about the
twin pipes keeping up.... :lol:

We sold the Reg plate for lets just say 4 times the price paid for the car to someone called Angela ( obviously) and the kind people
from the DVLA issued a 52 Reg since she was first registed in the UK in 2002 this made a rare 480 Paris edition rather unique.

We carried on attending many meets both home and away.....snowden, lincoln x2, Germany, Holland

However after moving house and due to work commitments all 3 480s sadley got parked up and neglected, 1 Paris edition went to Bear, and after 4 year of been sat doing nothing
it was decided as to which 480 id keep. Since I had the rear arches on the white one done in fibreglass, and a 2.0l engine sat in the garage with only 6K on it the white one it was.

So Ang proceeded to be stripped as i got no offers for her. The interior is going in the white one.

Various bits have gone to help many on here.

Window glass to AUZ480
Engine & Box to Kane
Grill & Bumper to Yorkshire 480
Front splitter to Starsailer
numberplater surround to Joolz
Various bits on ebay

And finally after stripping anything that could possibly come in handy.....of to the scrappy

And just to end on I got £25.50 less than the price i paid for her.....if only all cars could give back the way this one has.

Had some great times in it and met some really great people on here. The white one will be back very very soon, starts and runs ok, its just time and cash constraints
that keep holding it back at the moment. Hence not on here as much as once was.

Hope to see some of you again at a meet.
Thanks for some truely fantastic memories.

RIP Ang.
1994 480ES 2.0l White.....Mechanically restored,Full Hausser Kit fitted..possibly for sale. NOW SOLD..on route to Hungary for T4 transplant!!!
2012 Fiat 500 Twin Air.....Italian style.
Previous - 1992 480ES 1.7l Lavendel Metallic
- 1991 480ES Paris Edition
- 1991 480 SE Paris Blue Edition 52 Reg
- 1998 S80 SE T6...272BHP

http://img61.photobucket.com/albums/v186/LASEROWL/

yorkshire480
Knows where Volvo is from

Re: Another Dies.....

Post by yorkshire480 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:33 pm

I salute her on her way! Her grill lives on in my 480 and her front bumper is still sat in my basement! Many thanks again.

kane
Started learning about 480

Post by kane » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:05 pm

That little beaut of an engine is gonna have a nice head rebuild, porting and polish cam regrind and bigger valves, (Cannot wait to get my 480 back on the road and join in on the meets).... Only a 480 can put a real smile on your face!! :D
109,000 miles Volvo 480 B18E Custom made stainless steel exhaust and Ram air induction kit, Drilled and groved front brake discs brand new front and rear calipers with ferodo brake pads and sport clutch, (Reconditioned gearbox Professional) leather interior, snap off momo steering wheel, redline ignition components and PS2 the ultimate ICE system 4.1 surround sound and a dead speedo............ lol

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Sad times Wayne!
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

chriskay

Post by chriskay » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am

Hi, Wayne, I don't have a Volvo any more but I still use the laser cut titanium keyfob you made for me.
Cheers, Chris

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/c ... 000473.jpg
2 Kings; Chapter 9 Verse 20