Argh...Some Silly Git reversed

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

hereagain
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Argh...Some Silly Git reversed

Post by hereagain » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:19 pm

into the back of my car today, Delivery driver, reversing without looking hit under the bumper and made a small scrape in the bumper...I was stood waiting to get into the car when he drove past me (and the car) only to reverse with me staring at his face in his left mirror. Natural reaction I punched the Van really hard. Van stops, out jumps driver..."you stupid Pr*$k!, you hit my car!!" I yell, "I am so sorry, I didn't see you...let me get you some details...I am so sorry". The driver ran back into his cab, I looked at van...look at small scratch...look at huge dent in van, obviously not caused by my car...walk to driver "Ere mate, its only a small scratch, it will touch up ok, its just not worth the hassle for either of us...don't worry about it..." "reply "you sure mate....I am so sorry, really are you sure...thanks... We exchanged our quick replies, I drive away.

Well, yes I have a small scratch to repair, but he has a big dent to explain when he got back to the office, i don't have to pay..and he still hit my car first by driving like a pr*$k, so is lucky it was his van and not his face.

Just had to share that, really pissed about the scratch...man never F*$k with a mans motor-vehicle!!!

Drive safe
Black 480ES J Plate
http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Hereagain/
Steve
Cambs

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:00 pm

"Ere mate, its only a small scratch, it will touch up ok, its just not worth the hassle for either of us...don't worry about it..." "reply "you sure mate....I am so sorry, really are you sure...thanks... We exchanged our quick replies, I drive away.

Well, yes I have a small scratch to repair, but he has a big dent to explain when he got back to the office, i don't have to pay..and he still hit my car first by driving like a pr*$k, so is lucky it was his van and not his face.
I said the same sort of thing to this old guy who reserved into my 480S
only a little mark and he was so sorry. I said just forget it

:D
Volvo 940 Turbo 19T (real Volvo :P)
Audi TT

MatBat
480 Is my middle name

Post by MatBat » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:25 am

I had some stupis peasant try to squeze past me in a car park whilst I was stationary, he hit my wing mirror, I was very cross and caught up with him, he then had the rudeness to say "bloody young idiot!") I then replied, "I was indicating my manouver quite clearly, surely you must have seen that!" among other less mentionable things things. It ended with me suggesting he rethinks his ability to drive.
1996 Mini Classic 1275.

Glival
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Glival » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:37 am

About six months ago I owned a '89 480ES, which I had bought for €400. Someone hit my car in a parking lot (and left a small scratch I didn't even notice until I read a note that someone else left me). I got €500 from the insurance company, and 3 weeks later I sold the car for €600... :lol:

gerrsvolvo

Post by gerrsvolvo » Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:23 pm

To Hereagain
Check your innerbumper.
Because the bumpere exterior is is foamfilled plastic it moves in when hit.
And the strain put on the innerbumper maight have damaged this more than you cab think off abd you don not see it on the outside.
Specially when your 480 is older the inner mumper might have rusted more than you can immagine and the shock of the hitting from the other car might even have caused some desintegration of the inner bumper.
So check it
Good luck I hope you have the license number and name of the other guy.
Gerrsvolvo

Sophie
480 Is my middle name

Post by Sophie » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:15 pm

that happens all the time in France, the french are mostly very bad drivers, and never believe you when you tell them they got their licence in a kinder surprise
480 Turbo > 1989 Graphite Grey
MR2 MK1 > 1989...
[img]http://membres.lycos.fr/cosworth/la_team-bordelaise/Sophie.gif[/img]

Bramdeman
480 Expert

Post by Bramdeman » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:16 pm

2 years and 80.000km's nobody rear-ends me in my busted-up renault 5gts. Had my 480turbo for a month and 2 people hit me while waiting for a traffic light on seperate occasions in the same week! :eek: And NO damage to my volvo! (both other cars did) Almost too bad i could use the insurance money and just get a scrap bumper :wink:
'99 C70 2,3 T5 LPI Full option!
'98 V70 2.5Turbo LPI aircon ice etc etc <---Wrecked, she saved my life
'82 Porsche 928S 300HP 4,6V8 (scary)
'89 Red Turbo All Fixed up SOLD
'90 ES Lavender Metallic Automatic
'93 Two Tone Turbo!! Beauty! daily driver
'92 Red ES automatic
'88 340 1,7 Project car

hereagain

Post by hereagain » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:21 pm

Thanks for the advice, will remember it...the "step" on the back of the van literally scraped the paint, quite gently in fact, no force...I stood and helplessy watched the whole event!!!
Black 480ES J Plate
http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Hereagain/
Steve
Cambs