Time to put her back on the road!

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Quagmire_GT
Started learning about 480

Time to put her back on the road!

Post by Quagmire_GT » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 am

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, not been on for a while as the GT has been parked up due to having a company car/van/truck every day. but missing her like mad so its time to get her back on the road.

she needs a MOT 2 new tyres on the front and the door hinge sorting out on the drivers side. I just need some advice on the door.

it started to drop slowly and now its that bad i opened the door and it caught the wing and bent it all :( and i cant work out what part it is in the hinge that needs sorting. it has dropped about half an inch and now there is loads of play in the door. any1 else has this? or got a good idea what it can be? the hinges themselves are still solid. someones said about the sleeve that goes around the bracket pin? :cry:
M*** PRA, 96 GT Maroon owned
K*** TBJ, Donor 2.0l 2 tone
Pictures: http://s806.photobucket.com/albums/yy344/quagmire_GT

I MANAGED TO STRAP A CARDBOARD BOX TO A LAWNMOWER AND GET THE DVLA TO REGISTER IT, NOW LETS SEE WHO WILL BUY ANYCAR.COM!!

Iroll480
Can tell where the 480 was built

Re: Time to put her back on the road!

Post by Iroll480 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:53 am

Probably metal fatigue around the hinges, a common failure with these big and heavy doors. Take a look at this topic.