Whom is interested in EBC sport brake pads ?? (inquiry)

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

V480TI
480 Expert

Whom is interested in EBC sport brake pads ?? (inquiry)

Post by V480TI » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:21 pm

Due to the fact I have been looking long enough now for sport brake pads for my frontaxle with vented disks and nothing found for it this ::
:cryhard: :cryhard: :cryhard:

I have contacted EBC and if they (I think) can sell 50 sets in one year, they are willing to produce.
Now, I am not sure if I must take 50 sets or they make them and sell them .... but it's a beginning.

1) whom can help me in the contact with EBC ??

Considdering the extra amount of power either by offcourse Rich or Rica I think it is almost a neccesary item to brake safe...... and drive on......

2) Whom might be interested ??? (just frontaxle,vented types)

thanks and greetz
Flamered GT-Turbo 09-1995, Yellow Koni's, Intrax springs,Palm Beach,rear speakers,middle arm rest,Roboumod,Vega's, CT 906 radio/cd with 850 R amplifier, Pioneer speakers allround.
Hausser front and rear bumper, Black Diamond sport clutch, lightened flywheel, flowed head.Audi TT recirc.Stainless Cat replacement, K&N airfilter,Magnecor KV85,NGK colder plugs.
Soon ; Audi/VW calippers, 280mm Renault Sport brake discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads.

New project : 1987 Silver 480 with B18E engine

greasy mits
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by greasy mits » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:18 pm

depends on cost to be honest

i was thinking of doin a brake conveshion for bigger disks and calipers soon and sell the the conversion brakets once i tried them
[img]http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj345/wmap/Untitled-1copy.jpg[/img]

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 pm

i wouldnt even bother with the pads tbh.

First of all you won't get 50 people to buy them
second they will be more than £20 (most peoples budget)
third they will only be slightly better if sticking with standard shit discs.

I would just buy a better set of brakes from the off. I did once offer this product. You need minimum 16inch wheels but 17inch are better to give the best clearnce for the rotors and 4 pot calipers with pads to match. Loads of interest no buyer so gave up trying to help people
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

greasy mits

Post by greasy mits » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:25 pm

thats what im hopefully goin to do using set of brembo 4 pots witch ones were u goin to use as i know to a pair off a fiat coupe i can have for dirt cheap just gotta find out what disks to use

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:46 pm

fiat coupe brembo i dont rate. They dont stop the 20v turbo coupe well. Soryy thats wrong they stop well once then they fucked.

I had a kit made up. 280mm discs or 300mm if i remember right. two size option using HOMDV calipers which i was to get made from a leading caliper manufacture. They were not austin priness calipers before someone says. This kit is no longer an option as i am shit out of steam.

There will be a couple of HOMDV big brakes kits made one for me and one for the HOMDV apprentice.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

greasy mits

Post by greasy mits » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:53 pm

ahwell i got few diff opthions to take still and makin conversion plate no prob just gotta find calipers now lol