RICHMODS

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

B18FT - LOVER
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Sun May 10, 2009 3:14 pm

I am very very interested in this so put me down for one please been trying to find this for ages...

My car currently runs a orange ecu but it's automatic. I have bought the parts from glasgowjim to convert it to a manual, we was worried that because the car i got the flywheel etc from ran a maroon ecu that it wouldnt work with my orange ecu setup..
So in light of this i bought both his ecu's aswell as the flywheel and clutch etc...

So untill i get the fly wheel and fit it i wont be sure to which ecu i need, i'm hoping it will run with my orange ecu but if not i have the maroon ones on standby just incase..

Can you put me down for either a orange one or a maroon one please, I should know for deffo at the end of next week when all the bits arrive and then i can try both ecu's and see which one is best..

So when will you need the ecu and how long will you need it for...

Deffo deffo want one thou mate...

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm off away this weekend so it looks like we will be on for the end of the month. I will confirm the shut off date and also pm in the interested parties.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

pa.chab
Started learning about 480

Post by pa.chab » Mon May 11, 2009 8:00 pm

ECU in starting blocks! :hopping:
[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n184/pachab/volvobx1.gif[/img]

richj
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by richj » Mon May 11, 2009 8:51 pm

mine too :)

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Thanks for the PM back lee..

Pop me down for one please me old mucker :D

I'll keep you posted about which colour one i need doing and if i need to borrow one of yours...

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Mon May 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Looking at it so far i think we have at least 5 ecu's now on order..

Come on people dig deep 2 more and we can go £95 a piece, bargin for 50 bhp gain...

Oh and lee, can you up date your list please so we know exact how many want it done...

rowan
480 Newbie

Post by rowan » Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Lee,
am interested in your and Riches kind offer,if im not 2 late. how many
euroes might u need?

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Fri May 15, 2009 10:23 pm

I beleave the cut off date is the end of may mate so your ok for time being...

Price depends on how many order, i think so far we have 5 people so around £100, yours my be a little dearer because ur in ireland...

rowan
480 Newbie

Post by rowan » Fri May 15, 2009 10:27 pm

hi again 2 everyone,i feel i should introduce myself.got carried away with the prospect of getting me beuaty and hopefually beast sorted with a rich mod. im Rowan a 480 nut since i first viewed one from the back seat of me parents lancia delta,many moons ago,and yea you gussed it aforsed motor rapidally overtook. me thought wow!.since then have thankfully accuired 2 fine examples,a tidy 94 es and a mighty 89 turbo .love em both but turbo is allways trumps.

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Fri May 15, 2009 10:32 pm

Hello mate and welcome, keep this thread to the rich mod please bud..

Start your own topic in the general section, then after 10 posts you will be able to add pic's...

Need any advice, just yell..... :hopping:

rowan
480 Newbie

Post by rowan » Fri May 15, 2009 10:32 pm

well B18FT LOVER.
thank you 4 the reply .end of may sounds within possability. fingers crossed.

rowan
480 Newbie

Post by rowan » Fri May 15, 2009 10:47 pm

hi
me internet connection just dissapeared. many thanks B18FT LOVER. long live the B18FT and also its tamer version. happy motering :D

Grapee
480 Newbie

Post by Grapee » Tue May 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi there!

As my first post i'm jumping right in the middle:

We have a small Club running here in Hungary and are "400 addicts" volvo4xx dot hu - a bit messy design, i know, but it will be reshaped this summer 8)

Some of us are driving around with B18FTs and are dreaming of a Richmod.. :P

The big Question would be: Who can we (pers. I) contact to obtain this mod?

Currently 4 of us would like to get this mod. I will try to coordinate this for us here in Hungary.

Lee, bkf_uk - or maybe direct contact to RPruen?

Thank You!

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Tue May 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Lees the first port of call!!

You can try emailing him (PM) BUT he may not reply ASAP...bare with him! He will reply as soon as he can, hes a very biusy chappy!! ATB!!
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

Grapee
480 Newbie

Post by Grapee » Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm

esta wrote:Lees the first port of call!!

You can try emailing him (PM) BUT he may not reply ASAP...bare with him! He will reply as soon as he can, hes a very biusy chappy!! ATB!!
Thanks! I will pm him. It's not so urgent, just thought we could take part in this, so the costs go lower for all of us 8) ( as Lee mentioned in one of the first posts)

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Tue May 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Grapee wrote:
esta wrote:Lees the first port of call!!

Thanks! I will pm him. It's not so urgent, just thought we could take part in this, so the costs go lower for all of us 8) ( as Lee mentioned in one of the first posts)
Hello there, grapee

Well my friend, you will have to be fairly quick in getting your ecu's over to lee in time as he is doing them at the end of may, he needs all the ecu's by the end of may ready to take away be chipped and then sent back..

I beleave lee is away at present as he moved the date from this week to the last week, best bet is to pm him and tell him you want 4 ecu's done... You will need to get all ecu's over to him pretty soon, down side is you guys will be with out ecu's for a while, then he will ship them back to you when they are finished...

I'm getting mine done and i beleave there is 5 others at least so with your 4 aswell we should be hitting nearly 10 ecu's so good price i think...

Rob....

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Tue May 19, 2009 8:56 pm

me and richard are currently comparing available dates so should have a date sorted by this weekend.

Once i confirm the date there should be atleast 7 days for you to send me your ecu and no cash.
The reason for no cash is i can only confirm the price on number of ecu recieved. As it stands are 5 confirmed. But if i only get 3 ecus turn up the price is different so will need the ecu by a date. On this date you will then get the price. I hope this makes sense, just trying to make it fair on everyone.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 pm

lee wrote:me and richard are currently comparing available dates so should have a date sorted by this weekend.

Once i confirm the date there should be atleast 7 days for you to send me your ecu and no cash.
The reason for no cash is i can only confirm the price on number of ecu recieved. As it stands are 5 confirmed. But if i only get 3 ecus turn up the price is different so will need the ecu by a date. On this date you will then get the price. I hope this makes sense, just trying to make it fair on everyone.
Thank you lee, thats makes perfect sense, then no payment means no ecu back... Couldn't have thought of a better idea ...

If it helps i have a red ecu for sale, so if some one wants a spare ecu you could buy mine and get it chipped then your car wont be off the road, and you get a modded ecu and a standard ecu...

I'm toying between keeping my orange ecu or trying the red ones and see if it runs.. I'll have a better idea tomoz as to which colour im going to keep... And which i will sell..

Rob

lee
480 Is my middle name

Post by lee » Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 pm

red is best
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

B18FT - LOVER

Post by B18FT - LOVER » Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Even thou mine has orange paired ecu's will it be ok to run the 2 red's instead ? The fly wheel setup im using used the red ecu's but i just kept the orange ones in there...

So you reakon red is fine to replace my existing orange...