glass...

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Joey
Started learning about 480

glass...

Post by Joey » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:16 pm

Does anyone know if and how you can remove surface scratches from a windscreen?<br><br>I noticed one this morining - i think its a scratch. if it is it's a very light one, i can't even feel it with my fingernail.<br><br>Is is possible to remedy it? <p></p><i></i>

DaveBrown2001
480 Newbie

Re: glass...

Post by DaveBrown2001 » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:15 am

My suggestion would be take a trip to an Autoglass outlet - they'll tell you what can be done about it without any obligation.<br><br>I had a chip in my last windscreen resin injected by them (can't remember how much but it wasn't much).<br><br>You probably don't need anything as drastic as that but I'm sure they'll give good advice about your particular situation <p></p><i></i>

babyatom
480 Newbie

Post by babyatom » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:19 am

The RAC fix windscreens and if you're insured for windscreen damage, you can (apparently) get this done for free! <br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.rac.co.uk/contactus/faqs/aut ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>

Spacemonkey
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by Spacemonkey » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:17 am

I seem to remember hearing that you can polish them out with 'Brasso' or 'T-Cut' or something. But try it on a small area out of site!!! <p></p><i></i>