My exhaust again.....CAT prob.s?

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

johnd
480 Expert

My exhaust again.....CAT prob.s?

Post by johnd » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:04 pm

Ive checked over an over again on my exhaust for leaks/rattles and im sure it is the CAT. The thing is if I shake it with the engine off there are no rattles but im sure it is the CAT that is rattling???? If it is shaking about im worried about it breaking up. Ive heard putting a few jubilee clips around it can help but does anyone have any other ideas? <br><br>Its all standard 480 except for the backbox which is a 480 replica type.<br><br>Cheers<br><br>John <p></p><i></i>

lee
480 Is my middle name

Re: My exhaust again.....CAT prob.s?

Post by lee » Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:27 am

It could be the heat shield under the car. I found by undoing this and padding it a bit then doing it back up tight it stop my rattles.<br><br>Also there should be some heat shields around the manifold which could do with tightening.<br><br>If this doesn't solve your problem get a stainless system with a de-cat. <br><br>Hope this has helped. <p></p><i></i>

johnd
480 Expert

CAT

Post by johnd » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:33 pm

Hi Lee,<br><br>Cheers for that I shall give it a try. Also did you get my email about who makes the composite arches and if you have an aerial at all?<br><br>John <p></p><i></i>