Two to make One

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

steved
480 Newbie

Two to make One

Post by steved » Wed May 29, 2002 10:02 am

Hi folks.<br>Have the chance of a White 480 S, my present ES is "possibly" beyond econimical repair.<br><br>HOWEVER, The 'S' does not have the "Voltmeter/Oil pressure" guage. BUT... does the 'S' have the wiring there, already ?<br><br>Can i fit the fancy electronic heating control ?<br><br>Any promising bits of wisdom ?<br><br>Cheerz.<br> <p></p><i></i>

Re: Two to make One

Post by Guest » Thu May 30, 2002 8:22 pm

I would also like to know this as I have the S <p></p><i></i>

davidbackman
480 Newbie

Post by davidbackman » Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:53 am

"HOWEVER, The 'S' does not have the "Voltmeter/Oil pressure" guage. BUT... does the 'S' have the wiring there, already ?"<br><br>Yes and no. There's a connector stuck inside the dash that mates to the gauges, but the wiring does not extend all the way to the engine well. There is also a different oil pressure sensor in the cars with gauges. Replace the sensor and rewire it all, that's easier. <p></p><i></i>

martinholmesuk
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by martinholmesuk » Mon Sep 09, 2002 3:48 pm

I asked this questions long time ago. I'm also intrested. I have a set of dials with 6pins but my car has a connector with only 4pins <p></p><i></i>