Newbie!!

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

mo69
480 Newbie

Newbie!!

Post by mo69 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Hi all. Im new here and looking forward to having a bit of fun on here now.
Im in Ireland and have a 93 ES, i'll put the details up later when i get sorted.

Im a Volvo Tech and have been for 16 years, always loved the 480, just that bit different from the norm, its my second one, first one was an 89 1.8 which was a little animal to go, but badly rusted which saw its demise a few years back.

Ive owned this car before for about 4 years and sold it due to unforseen circumstances, but a few months ago it popped up unexpectadly so i ssaid i'll have that! always regretted selling it.

I always kept it mint, nicknamed "The Minter" but when i got it back all the work i'd put in before had been well undone, things like door pockets, dash panel, rear lamps, headlights and the all importand front spoiler, all thrashed!!! :cryhard: and the door had also been bend down in an attempt to break in!!!

So as it stands now, all has been repaired body wise, door repaired, most of car repsprayed, bumpers etc...............

I had a lovely set of wheels on there too which are now gone and its on 4 odd wheels, so thats another job!!

Anyhoo, look forward to getting a few posts of work progress as i go. :D

moslo
480 Newbie

Post by moslo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi mo69

welcome! good to have another irish member on board, especially as David has just sold his 480 - we are few and far between, been ages since i saw another 480 on the road.

as you can see i'm not exactly a regular here but i'm sure you'll find this site as helpful as i have over the past while - although seeing your a volvo tech you prob don't need much help!

cheers

moslo

mo69
480 Newbie

Post by mo69 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 am

Thanks Moslo, where you located? there are a few hard core 480 nutters about, got to know a fewe from them coming in to get parts etc, and some from the trade, im hoping to get the car back on the road soon, but dont like having it out till its all sorted, need a front spoiler, not the easiest thing to come across, as im sure everyone knows, also alot of the parts which i replaced before are now obsolete on the volvo system so its off to ebay i reakon, credit card will love me!!!! :wink:

Hoping to get a nice set of wheels also, as i have the car lowered alot i'd like to get something a bit different, a 17, possibly like the BBS style rims used on the S40 in the early days, the kind of "Y" spokey types! again have a good guy on ebay marked for them!!

WE'll see how it turns out, either way she's staying put till it back to her former "MINTER" glory!

mo69
480 Newbie

Post by mo69 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:06 am

Also if i can help anyone out with info etc, wiring diagrams etc let me know, and anyone local, i have a scan tool if anyone needs to get faults read etc, anything i can help with let me know, i will do my best! :D