f&*$ing wankers!!!!

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

jamooga
Started learning about 480

f&*$ing wankers!!!!

Post by jamooga » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:08 am

Ive owned "jessy too" for a year now.

When i bought her she was undamaged. The only thing i did to her was hook the front bumper behind a guard rail which prevents cars from driving into canals. My previous 480 was somehow a bit higher i guess because with her that rail was never a problem.

The bumpers and numberplates are now full of scratches and dents as people in the hague obviously have issues with parking. Never has anyone left their contact info behind after hitting my car.

Today started off nicely as well. I first noticed someone had hit my left mirror and off course this has snapped off completely only being held on by the wires now. Again no info of the person behind this act of random terrorism. This off course pisses me off royally. I get in, turn the ignition key and.........click click click but no starting........ grrrrrrrrrr. Had to push start her with the help of an innocent bystander.

Am I the only one that leaves behind his contact information after causing damage to other peoples holy cows?????? (not that this has happened ever) Only damage i have caused was to my bosses cars, twice in one week i had a little incident after having to spend 14 days straight of driving over 14 hours a day. This after a record of driving for 12 years now is not bad im my view but still. Am I old fashioned for doing that or what?

The next wanker to hit my car is going to pay in full i tell ya!

Well Ive blown off some steam now, when i get off at 6 am i will start on my fact finding mission, is it my battery, coal brushes or dynamo which has caused me to pushstart her 3 times now over the course of a week.
shit happens, all of the time and all over the world.

1983 vw beetle (brazilian with chopped roof)
1973 vw beetle (real german one)
1993 renault 19 piece o shit car
1988 480 es
1993 480 s

480 Tatey
Can tell where the 480 was built

Post by 480 Tatey » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 am

I know you feelings mate, i spent £200 getting my bumpers mint again and a month or two later they've been scratched and knocked into by other tossers who dont care about their car, i even had someone chuck a fag out of a flat window onto my bumper and burnt the laquer. :angry:
Volvo 480 Celebration 19/480 now sold. Gutted.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg283/Tateys480/

jamooga

Post by jamooga » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:28 am

oh yeah,

I remember that thread, I posted a reply on that. Had some guilt feelings on that as i often throw fags out the window.

thnks though.

am missing my old es now with the unpainted bumpers. Nothing ever shows on those

gr jamooga

1988 480 es
1993 480 s

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:30 am

I think part of the MOT should be general condition of your car...people who drive tatty old bangers with wings falling off and lenses all cracked or missing should be BANNED! If they show no care for their car then its clear they show no care at all about other road users and are therefore DANGEROUS!! :angry:
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 pm

esta wrote:I think part of the MOT should be general condition of your car...people who drive tatty old bangers with wings falling off and lenses all cracked or missing should be BANNED! If they show no care for their car then its clear they show no care at all about other road users and are therefore DANGEROUS!! :angry:
But then this would mean jamooga's car would currenty fail its MOT and be banned - and _he_ hasn't hit anything.

Also I had a couple of tatty old bangers, good for moving the cows about, leaving parked in london/bristol overnight, and if someone hits it you don't care. No reason it should fail its MOT.

There is a "general vehicle condition" part of the MOT, however I have never heard of anyone being failed for it..
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

pepper
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by pepper » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:52 pm

See I'm of the opposite opinion, everyone should drive bangers around then there wouldn't be so many issues with people knocking into each other, cos we wouldn't worry so much, keep you best car for the weekend!

I bought my wife a £300 Nissan 100nx because I was so fed up of people denting it whilst she was at work. Then can dent the nissan all day long I dont care about that one!

Saying that I've just sold it and bought her an original Renault Twingo, again its old yr2000 but its not got too many dents yet!
Oy Wanderer thats my Smoke Silver Volvo 480 now.

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:02 pm

chris1roll wrote:
esta wrote:I think part of the MOT should be general condition of your car...people who drive tatty old bangers with wings falling off and lenses all cracked or missing should be BANNED! If they show no care for their car then its clear they show no care at all about other road users and are therefore DANGEROUS!! :angry:
But then this would mean jamooga's car would currenty fail its MOT and be banned - and _he_ hasn't hit anything.

Also I had a couple of tatty old bangers, good for moving the cows about, leaving parked in london/bristol overnight, and if someone hits it you don't care. No reason it should fail its MOT.

There is a "general vehicle condition" part of the MOT, however I have never heard of anyone being failed for it..
:no: I stick with what i say, ok there are loads of cars which tatty and fair play a lot of the time they are a work in progress or something similar, but some cars you can just tell that owner doesnt give a damn. Maybe i am a little over precious over my car, and others seem to think i am a little odd, but i guess until i have children the car will be my baby and someone dinking her door is the equivalent in my eyes of someone dinking my kids head! :lol:

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

chris1roll

Post by chris1roll » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:16 pm

esta wrote:
chris1roll wrote:

:no: I stick with what i say, ok there are loads of cars which tatty and fair play a lot of the time they are a work in progress or something similar, but some cars you can just tell that owner doesnt give a damn. Maybe i am a little over precious over my car, and others seem to think i am a little odd, but i guess until i have children the car will be my baby and someone dinking her door is the equivalent in my eyes of someone dinking my kids head! :lol:
Oh yeah, absolutely, I get incredibly het up when someone opens their door onto my car, or scratched my bumper with a trolley however, i think failing cars on the MOT for being tatty is a bit of an extreme solution - theoretical situation - so your 480 is due its MOT. The day before, someone scapes all along the bumper, taking most of the paint off. Unsightly, makes the car look tatty? Yes. Dangerous? No. But the next day the only thing your car fails on is this - which you cannot afford to repair for a month as you've had to spen all your money on front sidelight bulbs. ';)' You live 30 miles from work and now have no legal transport - I think you'd find it a bit unreasonable then. :D
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

JohnTurbo

Post by JohnTurbo » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Gaffa tape on sharp rusty edges to pass an MOT is an all too common mainstay of the banger owner.
Past:
94 Turbo - Red
94 Turbo - Black (Converted from NA 2.0)
92 Turbo - Red
90 Turbo - Silver
Now:
00 Exige
15 GKD Legend
16 Skoda Superb

chris1roll

Post by chris1roll » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:58 pm

Voice of experience john?
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

jamooga

Post by jamooga » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:37 am

So you think i fall under that category now then esta? Havent been able to patch it up as yet and its hanging about a bit now. I do take care of my car though. Its my most prised posession. Only last month i spent 280 euros on it. grrrr new mirror ll set me back a bit too. I was so proud of that one as i had broke it off one day as i decided to bend it in to prevent people from driving it off. The metal bit had broken clear. Was able to fix that by drilling a couple of holes and attaching a metal plate with some nuts n bolts. Looked and worked perfectly. Cant do that again though as it has broken underneath said point this time and theres not enough space to repeat that stunt.

Right now i keep sticking to left hand side of road in the hopes that som numnuts will hit me and i can claim the mirror.. someone has to pay, might as well not be me.

I think the solution to the problem lies more with the license testing then MOT. Just make it you get 3 tries to get your license. If you dont make it within 3 tries its clear you werent ment to drive an automobile. Some people have no talent whatsoever in that area and theyll keep trying until an instructor is so sick of them they just give them a pass. You can tell a lot by the way people behave behind the wheel. Some look like theyre completely lost. If something weird happens you can just see them freeze up. I never needed more then one go at it, and had to redo all the tests when i got my taxi license two years ago. First time i got my license was in the caribbean, had 2 lessons in total. But since then have driven on three continents without a hitch.

1988 480 es
1993 480 s

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:28 pm

No no no! I think people have completely misunderstood what i meant, i thought i had made it clear what i meant. :dunno: I didnt mean to upset anyone, my car is far from perfect, i just thought people would understand what i mean about a car undergoing a re-vamp and a car that people clearly dont give a damn about. So sorry...i was actually sympathising with you... :?

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

jamooga

Post by jamooga » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:06 pm

no worries esta, just fooling around a bit. If nothing else this happening meant i was able to tease you a bit.

Makes it all worth it!

btw is what you say about mechanical devices true, cause it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Gr Jamooga

1988 480 es
1993 480 s

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:19 pm

Lol phew! Thought i had upset someone!!

Mean person you! ;)

Nah i am sure the mechanical devices thing is true!! Give it some time you'll see!! ;) Im pulling women all the time!! :rofl:

www.projectjaguar.co.uk