ALARM HELP

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

nathsea
480 Newbie

ALARM HELP

Post by nathsea » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:13 pm

Hi, <br>I`m in the middle of selling my car and the alarm has decided to start playing up!!!<br><br>When i unlock the door with the key and then open it normally the alarm sounds. <br><br>How do I fix it..?<br><br>All help appreciated <br><br>Many Thanks<br><br>P.S Any body want to by a cheap volvo 480??<br> <p></p><i></i>

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

alarm

Post by volvofox » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:48 pm

hey this is a nice repair. <br><br>First try to check at connector behind the doorpanel if microswitches strapped both sides around the doorlock are well mounted, clean inside, and working well <br>Operate and measure Ohms with a multimeter at theyr connector plug. Than check if all the plugs on the CEM (mount at the base of the inner part of the A-beam, so above hoodlatch in normal, non right steering versions)<br><br>Eventually open and clean the relays and leads on the cem (contactspray)<br><br>Hope it is not broken for ever<br><br><br>Dont sell your car... You will be sorry later, It will be a good investment, the money you will get now will add later .<br><br>The technical problems are normal for a car equipped like this one, in 1985 and it is safe to say it was and always be a prototype. Also solving tech problems is fun!<br><br>If you have other reasons to sell, where do you live ?<br><br>Succes<br><br><br><br> <p></p><i></i>