Got my 2nd 480 today

Here you can talk about the joy owning a Volvo 480 brings. Non-technical discussions take place here, like what is the difference between an ES and a S version.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Bakke
Tuning oracle

Got my 2nd 480 today

Post by Bakke » Mon Dec 30, 2002 7:02 pm

Yess !!! Today I bought my second 480 today. A turbo this time, 'cause I wanted some more power. Still he needs a little work but the engine is in a good condition.<br>To share my luck I've made a little website www.jhbasement.be/g13.htm<br>Check it out<br>I still have one question; This car has stand still for over 6 months, and it will stand still until the summer before i've modded it the way as I like. Is it bad for the engine to stand still for such a long time or should I take some precautions or drive it once in a while to keep the engine healty. Thanks <br><br>Greetz<br>Bakke (Belgium)<br> <p></p><i></i>

Stefan
Started learning about 480

Re: Got my 2nd 480 today

Post by Stefan » Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:23 pm

old trick, put a little oil trough the spark - plug holes..<br>A LITTLE ...<br>and remember that you did it..<br>running the engine once in a while is a good id to, but then don't put any oil in it..<br>pull your battery out<br>and put it away with a full tank of gas (keeps the wather out of it)<br>moving the car is not a bad id to, to keep the tyres from deforming.<br><br>Bye<br> <p></p><i></i>

Bakke
Tuning oracle

keeping him alive

Post by Bakke » Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:44 pm

So I should let all oil out? I'm scared that is going to leek after such a long time of having no action ...<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

Stefan
Started learning about 480

Re: keeping him alive

Post by Stefan » Mon Dec 30, 2002 10:07 pm

No!<br>keep the oil in the carter where it always is!<br>when putting a car away for long period , the more fat & oil & grace the better.<br>There is no danger of "sudden" leaks , if it does.. it's already broken!<br>Bye <p></p><i></i>