Rear-seat install...

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

SanPhire
480 Rookie

Rear-seat install...

Post by SanPhire » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:28 am

I've managed to shoe-horn some nice and happy Infiniti 6x9s into the back next to the rear seats at lap-level. Had to take them out as dumb-sod here used naff wood to build the install and they broke.
I'll be getting my jigsaw out over the next couple of weeks and hope to have some more pics up. While they where in, they were sweet. At a slight angle towards the front and in, they provided front-seat sounds of joy and of course sent lots 33Hz bass bouncing through the seats.
Previously lit up with some LEDs that glowed behind the old rear speaker grills whenever the Sony CDX-770 was working its magic - ah we had some good times...
Will post pics + talkthrough if ny1 interested.

Will also be working on removing the LEDs and instead running UV light through tonic water instead. Why? ever seen someone drink Gin+Tonic in a club with UV lighting? hmmm - very sexy, gentle blue glow. These things make me a happy bunny.
Greta - 1994 2.0 480 GT
Herbie - 1972 1.3 VW Beetle Deluxe
Kochanski - 1982 1.7 340 GLE - Gone, but not forgotten

pol
480 Is my middle name

Post by pol » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:54 am

You could put gin and tonic in your screen wash then get some UV washer jets!?

I would still like 6x9's in mine but for me it's too much of an arse to get them to fit well.

pol

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

Hmmmm!

Post by catgroom » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi mateys!

I would be interested in knowing how I can get an air tight fit with my 6" mids in the rear quarters yes.

I have access to jig saw and have quite some experience of ICE installation.Just never done pods n stuff as yet thats all.

So,advise away at your leisure..........

Steve. :hopping:

And,my new Alpine CB9825RM sounds the best ever!!!!!
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20

turbo_man
Started learning about 480

Re: Hmmmm!

Post by turbo_man » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:27 pm

catgroom wrote:Hi mateys!

I would be interested in knowing how I can get an air tight fit with my 6" mids in the rear quarters yes.

I have access to jig saw and have quite some experience of ICE installation.Just never done pods n stuff as yet thats all.

So,advise away at your leisure..........

Steve. :hopping:

And,my new Alpine CB9825RM sounds the best ever!!!!!
gimme a ring or an email and i will tell you how as i have a full alpine install aswell, a rather bid one :D