How to get at and replace the aerial wind-up motor?

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

How to get at and replace the aerial wind-up motor?

Post by MisterH » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:08 pm

'Evening All

I want to replace the motor that winds the aerial up and down for the Radio, but I am unsure about how to go about removing all the plastic fairings that hide it and then how to replace the motor.

I have had a look on the main site, however I cannot find a fix for it, I have had a look in the boot and found a screw hole (without a screw in it, as is becoming the tradition for my car) but cannot understand in my head how it is meant to come away.

Any suggestions or tips?

Many thanks
Ben
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: How to get at and replace the aerial wind-up motor?

Post by jifflemon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:32 pm

there is a "how to" here, but sadly, GlasgowJim had his photobucket account nuked during the great "photobucket pay us or else scandal" :angry:

MisterH
480 Is my middle name

Post by MisterH » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:56 am

jifflemon wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:32 pm
there is a "how to" here, but sadly, GlasgowJim had his photobucket account nuked during the great "photobucket pay us or else scandal" :angry:
Ok, I think I may be able to work with my imagination and his written guide, but it will certainly be a challenge with no pictures :?
Current Jobs to do (23/1/22):
Fix Central Locking
Fix drivers side speaker
Annoying Scratching Squeak
Water leaks
Complete Front O/S rebuild

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Post by Alan 480 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:44 am

MisterH wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:56 am
jifflemon wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:32 pm
Ok, I think I may be able to work with my imagination and his written guide, but it will certainly be a challenge with no pictures :?
with reference to 'remove rear lights' then I didn't, remove the 'light bar' is all that's needed, then I managed to wiggle the aerial out , it looks as if it won't but it will :-) some twisting & turning will be required, unplug as many cable from that area as you can safely remove.
Alan

480 ES 2litre 'Celebration' ? , C30 1.8ES, SS1