CR-402I: which brand? cassette belt replacement?

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

MikaelC
480 Newbie

CR-402I: which brand? cassette belt replacement?

Post by MikaelC » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:46 pm

The cassette player part of the original radio (CR-402I) in my 480T 88´ is broken - one of the belts driving he cassette player parted.

Anyone that know which company that manufactured the CR-402 player? Or better knows where to get a replacement belt? I actually still use the casette player and would like to keep the original look!

best,

Mikael
Sweden

480s partner
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Re: CR-402I: which brand? cassette belt replacement?

Post by 480s partner » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Hello Mickael C.

Did you mean CR-4025?

I have also one in my 480:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/4586 ... it2hn0.jpg

The tape player on my radio had stopped working too and I managed to replace the rubber belt that drives the inner mechanism (I use a cd player to tape deck adaptor).

I just bought a replacement of the same size and thickness on an electronic-parts shop!

I seem to remember these radios are Panasonic brand, judging from the stickers mine still had attached.

Hope this info helps you.

MikaelC
480 Newbie

Post by MikaelC » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi, thank you! Then I know it is at least possible to find a replacement, just have to find a suitable shop then.

It is actually CR-402I (can´t upload an image on it), but it looks exactly like yours except the number. Perhaps just different regional versions of the same radio.

By the way, is your CD- player adapter working well for you? I bought one, but it is not functioning very well. Real cassette tapes were no problem to play, but when I use the adapter to my iphone it only comes sound from the left speaker, and every third second there is a 1 second silent pause in the sound!

Very enervating.

I got a tip from my father in law that the one can adjust the height of the reading head to get both channels working.

Do you know anything about how to get it to work (when I have replaced the belt)?

Thanks a lot!
Mikael

480s partner
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by 480s partner » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Yes, my cd adapter occasionally has the same problem. Like you said, some adapters have a tab that when pushed alter the position of the head so that it matches better the one on the deck. I think it's called the "cross-talk" button, but this doesn't always works (at least for me).

I get better results by pressing the "REV" button on the radio, simulating the change of sides of a real tape. It seems that after a few presses, it "lands" correctly and sound comes playing through both right and left speakers as it should.

Give it a try to see if that works for you.

MikaelC
480 Newbie

Post by MikaelC » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 pm

OK, I did not know about the adapter tricks, thank you! The only thing I had heard is that there are two screws on the radio that adjust the position of the reading head.

I will start my search for a replacement belt!

Thanks again!

Mikael