New head unit but no info center bugger

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

4804me
480 Newbie

New head unit but no info center bugger

Post by 4804me » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:41 pm

hi all hope you are all well and happy just fitted a new head unit had to cut and join wires as i could not find a iso connector had some dim thing. But now the info center is dead nothing on it any idears how i did this or how to fix it any tips very welcome. stay safe everyone dan.

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:53 pm

Do a search on info centre theres tons of stuff on here about them.

quote....

The radio + info centre + cigar lighter + glove box light + boot light + keyhole lights ... etc are all on the same circuit! Did you have the problem with all of them ... and if so ... have your managed to fix them all?
another quote...

I just had this with mine, fixed it by accident the other day

Theres a wire behind the radio (think it's grey with a red stripe, not sure), it switches on and off with the ignition, I needed a switched live wire for my radio so I used this one and my ic started working again

Looks like theres a problem with that wire on mine though, the ic turned off earlier on today and my radio went off with it, only for a couple of minutes though, was fine for the rest of the time

Failing that check the wiring on the back of the alternator, it's earthed there

took all of 60 seconds on search :lol:

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:03 pm

READ this first

http://volvo480.dragons.org.uk/forum/vi ... hp?t=13724

oh and welcome to the forum

:wave: