rear speaker installation question

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

trucker0werner
480 Newbie

rear speaker installation question

Post by trucker0werner » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 pm

in my car i have no audio from the back. so i like to make extra speakers in there. but are there in every car a place to fit a speaker or in some cars. and how is it whit the wiring of does speakers. is there already a wire to both places.

when i installed a new radio i saw that there whas for 4 speakers wires in the connector. so i believe there must be a wire for does rear speakers.

i am thinking of placing a new speaker in the place where the original speakers are. and place a 6x9 inch speaker on a wood plate in the rear.
but if there are a place to put the rear speakers in it i think i will do that.
because whit a wood shelf i have no place in the trunk for stuff

forgot to say
i have a 2.0i es from 95
does someone now if the antente is by hand or whit motor to go up and down. mine is rusted and is almost fixed in place. but i have still good audio reseving. also thinking to make this whit a motor. i don't want that people can brake it off.

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:50 pm

aerial is electric.

the side panels at the side of rear seats in cars which are fitted with speakers have a hole cut out and the speakers sit on a plastic base onto which the speaker covers clip ; the plastic cover screws in into holes in metal side, all cars should have these holes .

so you should have two side with holes cut out or cut your own , 2 plastic bases , two covers and 4 screws (2 long 2 short).

regards jim

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:23 pm

apologies but your explanation is unclear as to exactly what you are doing.

from reading your post it would seem that you have only 2 front speakers mounted in the doors.

If that is the case I can supply the 2 trim sides , 2 plastic mounts , 2 speaker covers plus all screws for £25 plus postage.

Can even supply 2 standard volvo rear speakers for £8 plus postage.

Assuming that you are UK based.

regards jim

trucker0werner
480 Newbie

Post by trucker0werner » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm

it is already clear for me
i come from holland so to type this kind of things clear for everyone is a bit difficult in english. in dutch it whas alot easier.

i see that i can place my 5inch speaks in the door
at the back i must make a wood plate (in holland "hoedeplank" ) and mount some good speakers in it. instead of destroying the inner of the car.

than i have only one question. for the rear speakers where can i get this wire that comes from the radio.
and what are the normal installed speakers from volvo rms and peak watt.

trucker0werner
480 Newbie

Post by trucker0werner » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:47 pm

already installed my 6x9inch speakers on a mdf 12mm plate (120cm by 25cm). thay sound way better than i thought before.
unfortanly a sub is stil a option for me. i hope i can loop the wire the same way.

i didn't find the speaker cabel at the back. so i have placed a new kabel.
only loocking for a nice sub