Best route for Amp power cable?

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Robert17
Started learning about 480

Best route for Amp power cable?

Post by Robert17 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Evening all, I'd like to put an amp in the boot of my 480, using quite a large power cable, just wanted to ask what the best route is? I've done it before through the rubber bit where the door cables run though, but there must be a better/tidier way?

Cheers,

Robert

jamooga
Started learning about 480

Post by jamooga » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:06 pm

I've done this in two different ways ont both 480 i've owned.

In the '88 version i had no airco. I put the wire coming from the battery through one of the plugs that are in the holes through which aircon pipes usually run. It comes out from under the dash ssomewhere and from there i put it under the carpet in the door sill to the back.

In my other one, which does have airco I used the way u already described, through the doors.

Both times i drew ground from trhe body somewhere in the back. Guess anywhere will do as long as you have direct contact to the body.

GR jamooga
shit happens, all of the time and all over the world.

1983 vw beetle (brazilian with chopped roof)
1973 vw beetle (real german one)
1993 renault 19 piece o shit car
1988 480 es
1993 480 s

esta
480 Is my middle name

Post by esta » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:35 pm

Mine has AC, and its gone from the battery, up the side of the bonnet, under the seal across from the pass to drivers, through the fuse box, under the carpet/tread plates all the way to the back of the car, where it peeps out again and meets the rest of my audio equipment ;)
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/estamace/logo.jpg[/img]

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Volvo 480 ;)

WANT: 480 GT-Turbo & Jaguar XJR-S
HAVE: Jaguar XJ40 4l Sov
HAD: 480 GT (Lula) & 480 ES (Lulu), Mk4 XR3i (Wall*E), Rover 416i (Junior-R.I.P. bud), X2 (Percy) & Tahiti (Tati)

www.projectjaguar.co.uk

SMOOTH 480
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by SMOOTH 480 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:17 pm

punch a hole in the gromet like this ..............

then i run the power cable into a distribution block then down the left hand side under the sill covers that hold the carpet in ;) the signal cables (rca) down the right hand side again under sill covers ..

always run the power and signal cable (rca) on seperate sides of the car or you can get static discharge interfering with the signal ;)
Hope this helps mate

Smooth :D
volvo 480 1994 vase green 2.0 es mods- lowered 45mm, 16" gold ssp rims, K&N induction kit, high lift cam, walbro fuel pump
1985 celicasupra ( Project )
member 3285
[img]http://www.coolavatars.net/avatars/18/veggies_then_fruit.gif[/img]
Its a volvo not a HONDA you silly chav[img]http://www.coolavatars.net/avatars/18/starwars.gif[/img]