CD changer location

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

wreeve
Started learning about 480

CD changer location

Post by wreeve » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:30 pm

...reading through the posts on here I see others have the same problem. I have a 6 or 12 stack Pioneer to fit. The 6 won’t fit in the glove box, my preferred location; it’s also too big for under the passenger seat unless I move it up. Might as well fit the 12 in the boot then. My problem is where? At the back looks an option or on the side attached to the plastic trim, or am I missing something obvious? Was a changer an option from Volvo, if so where do they locate it?

guitarcarfanatic
480 Is my middle name

Post by guitarcarfanatic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:18 pm

In my first 480 I fitted my 10 disc sony jobby in the space on the floor in between the middle rear armrest and the front rear armreston it's side,cartridge facing into the rear passengers footwell. Wedged it in using the excess wires and I could easily remove the cartridge to change discs. The next 480 I velcroed it pointing cartridge up on top of the rear drivers side cubby hole (i velcroed it against the side of the trim and put excess wires in the cubby hole. Yours may even fit in the hole so it's slightly more secure. I wasnt too worried about security though!
1996 Saab 9000 CSE 2litre EcoTurbo

Previously...
Peugeot 406 executive TD - The devil!

1991 Red Turbo - Great condition and surprisingly un-rusty!

1989 Light Blue metallic Turbo - Sold!

1993 Steel grey S - Bought for parts

1990 Red ES - Now resting in car heaven!

1989 Black ES - Great runner

1989 Black ES - Spares Car. I murdered it!