Antenna replacement

Here you can post things about ICE (In Car Entertainment). Like how to install GPS navigation, a DVD-player and other yuppie-stuff. This category might be moved to "those other things" in the end...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

ozturbo
Knows where Volvo is from

Antenna replacement

Post by ozturbo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:58 am

My antenna had the innards missing, but the motor works fine, so I had to look around for a replacement. The new units were all different in the way they fitted the bracket which would have meant modifying it. They are also rather expensive at around A$80 - 90. Then in one of the shops I managed to buy a replacement antenna kit which consists of the telescopic bit and the toothed nylon drive rope, at a cost of only A$23. It is just a matter of turning the radio on so that the motor winds all the way out, then feeding in the toothed drive rope and turning it off so that it engages the teeth and pulls it in. It seems to work fine. The only thing is that the antenna is slightly longer and doesn't retract completly, leaving a few centimetres sticking out, so I will need to take the antenna out, fit the motor into the car and reinstall the antenna. I don't know whether you can get these in the UK, but the brand is Aeropro and it is made in China.