Left window motor and assembly

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Ragdalf
480 Newbie

Left window motor and assembly

Post by Ragdalf » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:25 pm

So soon after i baught my 480 after running the window up and down a few times it stopt working and i have to pull the window up but it slides down while im driving, i looked inside the door and saw the wire for the door is broken and twisted up, is there anyone out there with a spair window motor and assembly? Idk what to call it so assebly it is.

GCooper
Started learning about 480

Re: Left window motor and assembly

Post by GCooper » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:57 am

Extremely common issue, affects both my windows, have you tried replacing the wire or rewrapping it?
'94 Volvo 480 GT (project)
'98 BMW Z3 (daily)

Ragdalf
480 Newbie

Post by Ragdalf » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:37 pm

Where can i get a replacement whire?

davekit
Started learning about 480

Post by davekit » Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:29 pm

Even if you can get a new wire I think it would be difficult to fit due to the tension of the springs. I bought a new window regulator on ebay, to a slightly different design, but it works well. Search for 'Recommissioning a 480: 5. Windows' or similar to find my post about the repair. BTW be careful with terms such as drivers side or near side, as these change on the continent, better to stick to left and right!