rear bumper/wiring to fog light

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

rear bumper/wiring to fog light

Post by Alan 480 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:17 pm

confession time.

When looking at a water leak I found that the spare wheel was nipping the wire against the cross section, no bother I'll just wiggle a bit more cable into the boot, thought being the word to use :-(

is there a gap that the fog light cable should sit in when the bumper is fixed in place? I thought I'd made sure it wasn't trapped but obviously not.

Slackened off the the RHS bolts.(lots of grease over the nuts) and prised it away but can't seem to get it to stay free, even when trying to line it up with the hole inside....
Alan

480 ES 2litre 'Celebration' ? , C30 1.8ES, SS1

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: rear bumper/wiring to fog light

Post by jifflemon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:49 pm

From memory, there's a channel in the foam bumper it runs in, before passing through the bumper support through an oval grommet...

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Re: rear bumper/wiring to fog light

Post by Alan 480 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Thanks, but now in day-light easier to see what / where it goes. :wink:

pulled the wire across so it was directly below the grommet in the boot, and whilst not a 'running' fit at least it can now move up & down so must have got it to a 'open space' ?

I know that the number plate lights DO go into / through the foam block then into the grommet in the boot space, but I think the fogs are 'just' in a slight recess, which I'd maybe not quite got lined up? more difficult as it has a towing bar across the gap between the spare wheel well and the plastic of the bumper.

so all is good?
Alan

480 ES 2litre 'Celebration' ? , C30 1.8ES, SS1