best glue for the fragile dashboard surround

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

timrosser
Advanced 480 rookie

best glue for the fragile dashboard surround

Post by timrosser » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have any favourite products for sticking the fragile black dashboard surround back together? I mean superglue is obvious, but I was wondering about using something that could dry mat black or perhaps be sanded to make the repair less visible?

jifflemon
480 Is my middle name

Re: best glue for the fragile dashboard surround

Post by jifflemon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:52 pm

I used gorilla glue on the inner dash surround. It's crazy stuff!

Martin Mc
480 Rookie

Re: best glue for the fragile dashboard surround

Post by Martin Mc » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:07 pm

I'd second the Gorilla Glue shout to a certain degree, although it is kind of permanent once it is in.. My experience with the fragile surround taught me that the key is to make sure that all of the underlying fascia and supports are fully secured before attempting to re-fit the surround. Unfortunately it is a fact of 480 ownership that the surround will, inevitably, be coming off again at some point in the future.

Good luck with the repairs! I hope it doesn't result in :nuts:

M
1991 ES White / 1995 ES Red / 1995 ES Red / 1994 S Black / 1995 Celebration Red / 1994 S Paris Blue / 1995 Celebration (again!) Red - Currently free of all extramarital cars, wrench-loose and fancy free :)