Plastic Clips for Door Card

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Post Reply
Martin Mc
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Martin Mc » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:28 pm

Hello folks,

Wondering if anyone might have (or know where I can get) the plastic clips for attaching the door card?

Also Jim (GJ) if you are still with us, do you have any more replacement heater knobs (the ones that discolour)?

Cheers!

Martin
Volvo 480 - There's NOTHING like it!
Previous 480 pedigree: 1992 ES (1.7 White) 1993 ES (2.0 Red) 1994 S (1.7 White) 1995 S (1.7 Black) #467 / 480 Celebration (flame red metallic)

User avatar
glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 4827
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: GLASGOW SCOTLAND

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:59 pm

yes still with you :lol:

you are looking for cheese wedges and they are listed in my thread how many do you need as they are in first class condition :hopping:

have been driving about uk for the last 2 days and just recovering today :D

need to rename england => roadworks land

replace the union jack with a traffic cone on white background :lol:

Martin Mc
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Martin Mc » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Hello Jim,

Sorry to hear you've had problems on the roads - it's just another thing that the government have been telling porkies about, whilst paying their mates in the banks and FTSE 100 companies for 'maintaining' the UK's infrastructure.

I could do with a full set of wedges for each side door card, as the ones in there at the moment are few and far between and in poor condition. Not sure how many that would be, but I'd guess approximately 8 per side?

Happy to pay the going rate plus postage.

All the best!

Martin
Volvo 480 - There's NOTHING like it!
Previous 480 pedigree: 1992 ES (1.7 White) 1993 ES (2.0 Red) 1994 S (1.7 White) 1995 S (1.7 Black) #467 / 480 Celebration (flame red metallic)

User avatar
glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 4827
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: GLASGOW SCOTLAND

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:18 pm

cheese wedges = heater slider knobs :rofl:

Martin Mc
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Martin Mc » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:16 am

glasgowjim wrote:cheese wedges = heater slider knobs :rofl:
Ah, Oops!! I guess I don't need 8 per side then :rofl: :hopping:

Just the one set if possible pls. Should I PM the address etc?

Martin
Volvo 480 - There's NOTHING like it!
Previous 480 pedigree: 1992 ES (1.7 White) 1993 ES (2.0 Red) 1994 S (1.7 White) 1995 S (1.7 Black) #467 / 480 Celebration (flame red metallic)

Martin Mc
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Martin Mc » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:44 am

Still need some of the plastic clips for attaching the door card... where is the best place to find the right kit?

M
Volvo 480 - There's NOTHING like it!
Previous 480 pedigree: 1992 ES (1.7 White) 1993 ES (2.0 Red) 1994 S (1.7 White) 1995 S (1.7 Black) #467 / 480 Celebration (flame red metallic)

malkontent
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:20 pm
Location: Cracow , Poland

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by malkontent » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:15 am

Hi
Have 4 pcs. new , 3121595 clips , total is 8GBP + post .

User avatar
brinkie
480 Expert
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by brinkie » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Martin, I am going to break a 480 S in September (MOT fail because of terminal rust), I will try and salvage the door clips.
Robert.

Present cars: 1994 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Vase Green, 2010 Volvo V70 2.0F Momentum Mystic Silver
Past: 1981 Talbot-Matra Murena 2.2 Rouge Mephisto, 1995 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Paris Blue

Martin Mc
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 11:57 am

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Martin Mc » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:24 pm

brinkie wrote:Martin, I am going to break a 480 S in September (MOT fail because of terminal rust), I will try and salvage the door clips.
Hello Robert,

Much obliged - let me know if any clips survive :)

Martin
Volvo 480 - There's NOTHING like it!
Previous 480 pedigree: 1992 ES (1.7 White) 1993 ES (2.0 Red) 1994 S (1.7 White) 1995 S (1.7 Black) #467 / 480 Celebration (flame red metallic)

User avatar
brinkie
480 Expert
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by brinkie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Well I thought I'd save a bunch of those clips for you, only to find out the ones on my car are completely missing :shock:
Now I know, after two years of ownership, why the door cards are squeaking so loudly: there's really nothing to hold the underside to the door...
Anyway, I should find more sources of those clips. I'll keep you posted (no pun intended :lol: )
Robert.

Present cars: 1994 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Vase Green, 2010 Volvo V70 2.0F Momentum Mystic Silver
Past: 1981 Talbot-Matra Murena 2.2 Rouge Mephisto, 1995 Volvo 480 GT 2.0i Paris Blue

User avatar
glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 4827
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: GLASGOW SCOTLAND

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by glasgowjim » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:58 pm

martin you have a pm :D

fireblade
480 Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 am

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by fireblade » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:05 pm

I need some plastic door clips.
Do you know someone that sells it?

Thanks

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:03 am
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Alan 480 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm

fireblade wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:05 pm
I need some plastic door clips.
Do you know someone that sells it?

Thanks
are you sure they are missing?, assuming that those being requested are those along bottom edge of the door?? I just discovered that mine were NOT missing as the later doors are held on with 'hidden' clips that might have 'disbonded' from the pressed chip-board inner . .. . .

the door card/vinyl still looks as if it should have the bottom plastic clips !!!!

i glued the pastic back onto the chip-board with a 'evo-stick' type glue. in reality the same stuff i'd used for the head lining. time will tell how well it works. the other one has a self tapper neatly inserted at trailing edge at about 'half past four' position :wink:
Alan

480 ES 2litre x 2, C30 1.8ES, SS1

dcwalker
480 Expert
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: York

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by dcwalker » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Alan 480 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm
...the other one has a self tapper neatly inserted at trailing edge at about 'half past four' position :wink:
My simple solution to avoid wondering if glue would hold - if I'd got round to removing the driver's door-card too you'd probably have a matching pair now! :lol:

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1995 480 Celebration 467/480 (plus 2004 C70 Collection, 2014 V60 SE Lux Nav)
Previous: Celebration 346 (sold to Alan480), Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73, 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

User avatar
Jaster
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Jaster » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Alan 480 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm
are you sure they are missing?, assuming that those being requested are those along bottom edge of the door?? I just discovered that mine were NOT missing as the later doors are held on with 'hidden' clips that might have 'disbonded' from the pressed chip-board inner . .. . .
My '94 car has both the clips along the bottom and the push-fit clips on the back of the door card. The latter are a nightmare to get back on in my case and I've destroyed at least one of them, but the door card stays on fine without them if you have the bottom clips as well, at least that's been my experience. The older car only has the bottom clips.
fireblade wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:05 pm
I need some plastic door clips.
Do you know someone that sells it?
Is this the part you're looking for? If so then they can be 3D printed.
Current: '94 GT & '88 ES
Former: '89 ES

fireblade
480 Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:10 am

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by fireblade » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:24 am

Jaster wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm
Alan 480 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm
are you sure they are missing?, assuming that those being requested are those along bottom edge of the door?? I just discovered that mine were NOT missing as the later doors are held on with 'hidden' clips that might have 'disbonded' from the pressed chip-board inner . .. . .
My '94 car has both the clips along the bottom and the push-fit clips on the back of the door card. The latter are a nightmare to get back on in my case and I've destroyed at least one of them, but the door card stays on fine without them if you have the bottom clips as well, at least that's been my experience. The older car only has the bottom clips.
fireblade wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:05 pm
I need some plastic door clips.
Do you know someone that sells it?
Is this the part you're looking for? If so then they can be 3D printed.
I need 2 that are broken.
The part number is 3121595.

User avatar
Jaster
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Jaster » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 am

Current: '94 GT & '88 ES
Former: '89 ES

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:03 am
Location: Aberdeen

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Alan 480 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:34 pm

dcwalker wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Alan 480 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm
...the other one has a self tapper neatly inserted at trailing edge at about 'half past four' position :wink:
My simple solution to avoid wondering if glue would hold - if I'd got round to removing the driver's door-card too you'd probably have a matching pair now! :lol:

David
David, I was actually referring to the red car :hopping: not really noticed the passenger side so can only assume that the self tapper is working 'just fine' :-)

so 1993 only bottom clips,

1994 both

1995 only 'press studs'

or is that too simplistic?
Alan

480 ES 2litre x 2, C30 1.8ES, SS1

User avatar
Jaster
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by Jaster » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 pm

I can't confirm with absolute certainty, but I'd wager that if anyone here has a '95 car with no clips along the bottom then it had them when it was new but they've fallen off in the meantime, probably when the door card was removed in the past.
Current: '94 GT & '88 ES
Former: '89 ES

dcwalker
480 Expert
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: York

Re: Plastic Clips for Door Card

Post by dcwalker » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:37 am

Alan 480 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:34 pm
dcwalker wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Alan 480 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:12 pm
...the other one has a self tapper neatly inserted at trailing edge at about 'half past four' position :wink:
My simple solution to avoid wondering if glue would hold - if I'd got round to removing the driver's door-card too you'd probably have a matching pair now! :lol:

David
David, I was actually referring to the red car :hopping: not really noticed the passenger side so can only assume that the self tapper is working 'just fine' :-)

so 1993 only bottom clips,

1994 both

1995 only 'press studs'

or is that too simplistic?
Ha - yes, thinking about it you said "half past four" whereas the one I added is at the rear corner IIRC, more half past seven...I am obviously not the first person to have that bright idea! :lol:

If it helps, my 1994 GT has press studs and clips along the bottom BUT only the two nearest the front - there is no sign on either door of the rear holes ever having had them in place, and as far as I know I am the first person to have removed the door cards. The 1995 Celeb has none along the bottom now, but - as Will surmises - the broken off remains are there still (but again, not in the rear holes).

David
Current: 1994 480 GT, 1995 480 Celebration 467/480 (plus 2004 C70 Collection, 2014 V60 SE Lux Nav)
Previous: Celebration 346 (sold to Alan480), Celebration 269 (scrapped abandoned project), Celebration 73, 1992 ES, 1988 ES - and numerous other non-480 Volvos!

Post Reply