Headlight leveling

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

diapason72
480 Newbie

Headlight leveling

Post by diapason72 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:17 am

Hello everyone and happy Holidays!

I don't know if this is the right section..anyway, is it possibile install the hedlight leveling system on 480 instead manual adjust leveling? If is possible, anyone has a diagram and/or istructions for this job? How does it works exactly? I know only it works by depressure air generated from engine but at which point the engine connecting pipes?. It is possible to repair it if a component functioned poorly or there was an air leak?
Best regards

Alan 480
480 Is my middle name

Re: Headlight leveling

Post by Alan 480 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:20 am

I'd say NO, but stand to be corrected!!!

There is not a lot of room under the covers to get any system inside, not sure if the later version were pneumatic, most are electric motors?

motors eaier to fit but the cars they are fitted to use a pivot system and then teh motor tilts the body, 480 uses a screws fore-n-aft so a LOT of work for 'very' little gain, but only my thoughts
Alan

480 ES 2litre 'Celebration' ? , C30 1.8ES, SS1

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

Re: Headlight leveling

Post by glasgowjim » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Have to agree with Alan .
I wouldn't waste my time and money on this.