Sunroof coupling piece Glashubdach Leitungsverbinder

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

balto8
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Sunroof coupling piece Glashubdach Leitungsverbinder

Post by balto8 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi fellows.

Tired of searching for new coupling pieces for my faulty sunroof I had to buy myself a whole sunroof to this german guy and cross fingers everything would be fine with the mechanism. it all went good and finally got me the couplig pieces in quite good state.

So i decided to make poliurethane replicas of the pieces for myself and use those in the roof, keeping safe the originals.

Made a silicone mold ans used a commercial poliurethane mix plus 30% aluminum powder charge to increase hardness. Also put the molds in a homemade vacuum chamber for the fisrt 10 minutes to pump otu all bubbles. I'm quite happy with the result and the replicas have been moving my roof obsessively for the last 2 weeks.

So I have some spares now. You can take a look at theese videos I uploaded on youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5CgwfWh9bA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyvT2ptya-k

And some pics here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzfa-Z ... sp=sharing

I'll send to anyone interested for 25 euros per pair. I repeat thees are poliurethane replicas, no trick here. Please administrators let me know I'f I'm doing something not likely to be done.
1991 480 Black Turbo
2012 Seat Exeo ST
2013 VW Polo TSI DSG

joseph74
480 Newbie

Re: Sunroof coupling piece Glashubdach Leitungsverbinder

Post by joseph74 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Balto8 Hello, I have problems with my sunroof, a few months ago dismounted the glass and I saw that he had broken those pieces, it is impossible to find these new pieces.
I've been looking for them in Europe and I have not found.
My sunroof road noise does not work well because of these broken pieces.
I am very happy that you have those pieces because I need these parts for a long time and I seem to have very good price.
I live in France, could you tell me how much it costs me send them to me, I would pay for the paypal or bank transfer.
thank you very much
You are my God

balto8

Post by balto8 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi Joseph.

I have not taken a look into Europe shipping prices. I guess I would send them via normal unregistered post if that's fine with you, I can also ask for registered post price and I'll come back to you asap. i'll make sure the packing is sturdy enough to make it arrive unbroken.

I guess it should be something around 27.5 euros unregistered and something more registered but again let me come back to you with the final price. I'll take Paypal since making bank transfer would be an extra expense for anyone.

I'll be in touch.
1991 480 Black Turbo
2012 Seat Exeo ST
2013 VW Polo TSI DSG

balto8

Post by balto8 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi Joseph. I didn't have the gap this weekend to look into post rates. I'll send the pieces anywhere in Europe for 25€ P&P included.

I've pm you with payment options. Send me your address.
1991 480 Black Turbo
2012 Seat Exeo ST
2013 VW Polo TSI DSG

joseph74
480 Newbie

Post by joseph74 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi Balto, this morning I have come home parts , this afternoon I assembled the parts in the car and perfect , the sunroof is no longer road noise and opens and closes perfectly .
I've seen parts are as strong as the original and are of very good quality.
Thanks for not charge shipping charges to France.
regards