Adhesive Strip for Exterior Door Trim

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Martin Mc
480 Rookie

Adhesive Strip for Exterior Door Trim

Post by Martin Mc » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Hello again,
This afternoon whilst washin the car, I noticed that the trim on the drivers door was very loose. On closer inspection it turned out that the sticky strip which is suposed to hold it on wasn't sticky anymore, hence the wobbly trim.

Can anyone tell me where I would find replacement sticky strip suitable to secure the trim? I'd hate to have it fall off on the motorway or somewhere I couldn't stop to pick it up.

Thanks for any ideas.

Martin
1991 ES White / 1995 ES Red / 1995 ES Red / 1994 S Black / 1995 Celebration Red / 1994 S Paris Blue / 1995 Celebration (again!) Red - Currently free of all extramarital cars, wrench-loose and fancy free :)

Espada
Started learning about 480

Re: Adhesive Strip for Exterior Door Trim

Post by Espada » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Try ebay or Amazon.

Check for double sided adhesive tape for vehicle trim. There is plenty to choose from but make sure it's waterproof.

To aid positioning when re fitting If the trim is still fitted, prior to it's removal apply some masking tape to the panel next to it, and clean off all silicon wax etc. from the panel and trim before using the tape.

Another option though I would not recommend it on this occasion as it's fix would be final, use Sikaflex. This dries like hard silicone. It remains flexible but might be messy in comparison to tape.

Also get it wrong, the only way to remove the trim again will be to destroy it so possibly not the best of options this time, but its handy to know the capabilities of this product it is very useful.

Regards