Rear speakers

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

turnac
Can tell where the 480 was built

Rear speakers

Post by turnac » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:04 pm

Does anyone know where the rear speaker should be placed.. I know that where thi wires start :D but don't know where they end and what the dimentions of the rear speakers should be..can anyone help?

BTW If any Volvo service fits you a new door window..check the stereo..they might forget to connect the speaker..they've done it to me... :badmood:
turnac @ RIP '93 480 S-type; Vase green (bloody hood remained matt)

wedge69

Post by wedge69 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:36 pm

They did the same to me! Replaced the electric window mechanism under warenty, but forgot to reconnect the speaker! All the lose wires were rattling around inside too!
That's my car up there, see?

strangegame
480 Expert

Post by strangegame » Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:45 pm

the wire i think comes out in the rear seat store box thingy the 1 on each side (pop up the little square ) and you will find a screw thats where the speakers go also you can get some that go above on the trimmings-- i think thats right

tielrooy
Started learning about 480

Post by tielrooy » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:28 pm

For easy removal of this storage box, I recommend to remove the backseat. There is a hole, large enough for a (Philips) screwdriver to release the screw of the storage box. Then you can insert the speakers, unless you have the speakers for the side walls.
Xander Tielrooy; Volvo 480 Collection #257/480; Racing Green Metallic

turnac

Post by turnac » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:49 am

thanks for help..will look for ot during the long weekend which starts today...

And if I wanted to put side walls speaker where should I place them??

catgroom
480 Is my middle name

Aah!Music!

Post by catgroom » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:12 pm

Hi Mate!Ive been really picky about my sound system in my Turbos.To get to my (yellow) rear speker side wall wiring I just removed the rear side grilles covering the speakers!!!!But the wiring does run down the centre of the car.They are 5 1/4" size but in order to get,say Bose ones like mine to fit,you'll have to hack a bit of the trim away!Just for info,Its 6 1/4" in the front doors which can be hack sawed out larger a BIT!the problem is that all 4 corners of the speakers need a hole to screw into,there will be a need for a brace of some kind (DIY) to stop speakers rattling.Finally,phew!,I would strongly suggest a Sub in a box in yer boot,if you dont mind giving up the boot.I put an Alpine 15" Sub in mine.Oh and cross overs so you can have those cute little tweeters on the top corners of your dash.Well worth it,the 480 with that lot in sounds absolutely superb.Get all yer gear 2nd hand from Freeads and there ye go!Im on 07771 633289 if u need any help okay?! :wink: :) Steve CatGroom.
I'm No Longer Here :(

http://www.volvo-480-europe.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34359&start=20

turnac

Post by turnac » Mon May 03, 2004 11:36 pm

thnx for the adjustment suggestions..but unfotunately i won't be makin any changes n the original settings
in fact yesterday my radio blow up..so i have no radio now..and i must say i've got no luck with this car and a radio...bought the car in feb got a radio in mar got the widnow broken 3 days later, but the radio remainded untouched though it wasn't working properly, then i got this one last week and it blow up...will give up and start usin my mobile as a mp3 player ;)

BTW..am very thankfull fot giving the phone no..but am based in Poland :) so it is quite far away, but in July am driving to Britain ;)

turnac

Post by turnac » Fri May 14, 2004 11:18 pm

And I need your help once again...Due to my problems with understanding where I should place the rear speakers, I was helped by MatBat by him sending me a photo. Now I know why I couldn't find any sign of speakers on the sides of the back seat..simply there is nothing in my 480...
Once again I turn to you wise people, where shall I place them..as the wiring is original and comes out just behind the back seat on its sides??????
Thnx