No dash board lights

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

witchone
Started learning about 480

No dash board lights

Post by witchone » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:19 pm

The bulb blown symbol on my dash is illuminated (if you know what i mean, lol i am a woman) now i have no lights on my dash, i cant see my engine temp, petrol gauge etc, the light around ash tray and light on centre console all gone. Is this a job as a novice that i can fix, or should i get a male friend (like a neighbour ) to help me. Have read my manuel but it makes no sense to me. Its ok during the day as i can faintly see the dash screen but at night i am done for cos i cant see anything. Please help
Toni
now driving a fiat cinquecento

strangegame
480 Expert

Post by strangegame » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:22 pm

Toni. are all the exterior lights working .

witchone
Started learning about 480

Post by witchone » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:37 pm

yep they are all working, check them every weekend when i do my 250mile round trip, wasnt worried until was told that the car will fail the MOT cause i cant see the petrol gauge
Toni
now driving a fiat cinquecento

strangegame
480 Expert

Post by strangegame » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:58 pm

a last resort for me would be to rip out the dash. but you may have to

Murf
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by Murf » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:00 am

Start with the simple things; check the fuse

the fact that more than one bulb has gone at the same time means that either the fuse has blown or there is a wiring fault somewhere, maybe a connector has vibrated loose over time.

If it is the fuse and it blows again when you replace it then there is a short circuit present and then you need to rip out the dash!
fuse board is below the steering wheel on the right hand side,just pull the flap down and the fuse allocations and amperage ratings are printed on the inside of the flap!

let us know how you get on! :lol:
Kia Pro'ceed GT 1.6 Turbo
1992 480 Turbo
2007 Focus ST

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:00 pm

witchone wrote:was told that the car will fail the MOT cause i cant see the petrol gauge
No, don't worry, it wouldn't fail the mot on that :D

However i'm sure its disconcerting driving like that so good luck with trying the fuses, can you see the rev counter/ speedo in the dark or is it totally black all over? i.e. not just the info centre?
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto