How mount "ladies feet mounts" above rearseats

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

How mount "ladies feet mounts" above rearseats

Post by volvofox » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:09 am

Hi,

I have butchered some parts from an early 480 es, the ones I don't have, like : the lamp holder beneath the hood (with a switch!), the digital clock with stopwatch, and the handle grips above the rear seats with the integrated lamps.

about the last I have a question: did anyone do this before ? Normalwise the "shell" underneath the grip has to be cut in the cloth of the ceiling (the elder 480 shows now a great hole in the roof where the grips used to be.)

before i start to cut my "no way back" into the ceilingcloth I wonder if anyone done this before, and if so:

1) are the mounts present in the later models?
2) how about wiring ?
3) any other tips ?

Much abliged, thanks ;)
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:13 pm

I would release teh headlining and lok before cutting anythig, its not that hard to do... or just take the headlining out of the donor car and change it complete.

I can't remember seeing any mounts at all on the later 480's (not to say they aren't there, I may have missed them) but i'm pretty sure there is no wiring.

Congratulations on your finds.
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto