Fuel Pump

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

lee
480 Is my middle name

Fuel Pump

Post by lee » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:37 pm

I have had 21000miles of trouble free-ish motoring and like it happened. Went out to the middle of wales pulled up came back a few hours later and the car would start!!!!!!! :angry: I was spitting chips!!!! :angry:

We check my baby and all was good but no fuel!! Oh dear i said. So i phone the breakdown people they come out "yeah mate your fuel pumps gone" As if things can't get any worse the recovery truck could pick me up because they need a specail flat bad as my car being low. So they took me back to the depo and with 30 mins I was on the back of the recovery and on my back back home.

Once at home 2330hrs work started to get the twin pipes rolling again. Out came the rear seats and center console shortly followed by the pump. Getting my spare i noticed the part numbers were different but I though it will work and it did. The pump from my old 90 worked in my 93 even though the 93 has the bigger tank. But be warned. It took 2 weeks for my petrol gauge to adjust to the new pump.

We then refitted the seats and all and proceed back to wales for a spot of hill walking.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

forkinthroat
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by forkinthroat » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:45 pm

i seem to be having the same problem. but it broke down twice in two months. what could it be now? ( men at work question :lol: )