Shielding plate wanted

Everything that doesn't belong in the previous categories probably belongs here. Interiour (how are the seats mounted? how to remove the CEM?) and exteriour (how to replace the popup-lights shock absorbers or a door) are discussed here!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

kolej1
480 Newbie

Shielding plate wanted

Post by kolej1 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 pm

This is in engine compartment and seems to shield the brake pipes from Master cylinder from the exhaust pipes.There are two screws holding it to the bulkhead and the other end I think fastens to the inner wheel arch.Mine has snapped off at the wheel arch end so have it wedged with a thick piece of rubber at the moment.Have not a clue how it can have happened-except I did have to have a new Master cylinder a few weeks ago fitted at the garage-wonder if they know anything about it!
It had dropped down a bit and was rattling on the timing cover-I thought I had something drastically wrong as it took me a while to spot the problem.It looks a fiddly job to replace.If anyone has a good one I would appreciate a mail.
As an aside,I have just had the rear wheel arches replaced as they were getting tatty and the Ford arches suggested elsewhere in this forum have made an excellent job.Thanks to whoever it was who posted the information.

felyx
Advanced 480 rookie

Re: Shielding plate wanted

Post by felyx » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:12 pm

stick it back on with SIROFLEX 300c heat resistant slicon sealant , £4.13 a tube (for a mastic gun) from TOOL STATION , about 70 branches in the uk or buy online
Cheers Felyx
140mph for £175 just test the brakes