Taurus colour code

Springs, shock absorbers, wheels. Questions about this can be asked in this category.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

il Conte
Knows where Volvo is from

Taurus colour code

Post by il Conte » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi guys!! I have 3 ruined Taurus and I wish to respray them...
Do you know the original color code??:help:
Thank you...
:D

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:57 pm

As you have 3 ruined, would it not be easier to just get a *close* match and re-do all four? :dunno: That way you know then all 4 are matching? Just an idea! :)
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]

Anton_K
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by Anton_K » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:48 am

Hello il Conte! :) I have actually the very same question, as I would like to refurbish my Taurus set. Same stands also for my set of Vegas, but I would like those original colour codes first.

I´m picking up a few parts from my Volvo dealer next week, so I´ll have a word with them.

Regards,
Anton :)

Anton_K

Post by Anton_K » Tue May 01, 2007 5:37 am

Well, hade a word, and..we found specific alloy colour codes(there are at least 10 different) for 200/700/800/900 Volvo´s, but found no 400 codes. Anyway, I was told to call a man at Volvo´s technical service..so let´s see, they should be available somewhere for sure! :)

Until that,
Anton

il Conte
Knows where Volvo is from

Post by il Conte » Tue May 01, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi guys!
Dan, I haven't respraied them because three of them are used and only one is new and perfect, never used.
When I found the taurus,cause I didn't have yet,at the beginning I have found only 3 in a 480 at a car breacker....and the last one I had to buy it new directy from Volvo.
So,now I need the original color for the other 3.

Good job Anton!! ;)
I'm waiting for a news!! :volvo:
:hopping: Bye!!!

Anton_K

Post by Anton_K » Thu May 03, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi, unfortunately the technical service man wasn´t able to tell Taurus paint code :(

I think I found Vega´s paint code at the back of the wheel(91 3), as volvos universal alloy wheels make-up spray has a very similiar code.

But what comes to Taurus.. It´s not the same colour as Cetus(pity, becouse 800series also have Cetus wheels so the code is known, and should be same?) nor Vega. Taurus is more dark.

I got the advice to try to contact Volvo in the NL...

Maybe Danïel has some sources? The paint codes would make a great addition to the "wheels" in the accesorises page or "colours".

Regards,
Anton

coyote1980
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by coyote1980 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:59 am

Hi!

All I know is that there is some difference in colour between the Taurus wheels used on the twotone and the later ones on other cars. Don't know why...

Your best option would be to simple have a painter scan & match the good rim you have, and have the other wheels coated/sprayed in exactly that colour.
Daniël Wilten
Volvo 480 Turbo Collection 1995 Dark Green Metallic
Club Europe chairman/webmaster/forum admin

Anton_K

Post by Anton_K » Sat May 19, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi!
All I know is that there is some difference in colour between the Taurus wheels used on the twotone and the later ones on other cars. Don't know why...
Intresting, also Cetus alloys, on 850´s, was made in two different colours.
Your best option would be to simple have a painter scan & match the good rim you have, and have the other wheels coated/sprayed in exactly that colour.
Seems like an decent solution,
regards,
Anton