Now The Real Problem....

Does your 480 have tracking-problems? Does your car pull to one side? Or is your steering wheel vibrating? Read the posts in this category to find out what's going on.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Dan the 480 Man
480 Is my middle name

Now The Real Problem....

Post by Dan the 480 Man » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm

Well.

My Uncle has had a look. The rear wishbone mount on the subframe was pushed in. Didn't notice when the wishbone was put on because i couldn't really see the other side to compare! Luckily it wasn't too bad-and with some time and skill with a crowbar and a hammer, the mount is back to it's original (but with added hammer marks :lol:) position.

But, we all knew deep down that wasn't the only problem. The steering rack is bent. Thas why my wheel is pulling in at the bottom. I've had a quote-he can't part-ex it because it's damaged, so it's going to sting me £180 plus whatever the labour is. Being my Uncle he wanted to sort me out, but unfortunatley it has to spend a day on the ramp so he's turning away other business.

I did think about getting a second hand one, but for the sake of a few more ££ i thought i might as well get a new one. I haven't got it yet, as i was just wondering wether i might be able to find one on here or eBay. It's booked in for Wednesday, week after next. So if anybody finds one or has a nice new one just laying around, let me know :lol:

I know i'm looking at about £300 all in...gutted! Thats a lowering kit! D'oh!
[size=75]My website: ::: [url=http://www.dcmoore.co.uk][color=black][b]dcmoore.co.uk[/b][/color][/url] :::[/size]