CV joint advice needed

Does your 480 have tracking-problems? Does your car pull to one side? Or is your steering wheel vibrating? Read the posts in this category to find out what's going on.

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

glasgowjim
480 Is my middle name

CV joint advice needed

Post by glasgowjim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 am

can you advise me please... I have a spare (used) auto drive shaft, which was sent to me some years ago by mistake for another 480 I had at that time. Can you tell me if the CV end bit on this are inter-changeable with 2.0i manual, please? The CV joint on the nearside is showing definite signs of wear.

above posted on behalf of carpediem.

I would have thought that the CV joints woud be the same only the driveshaft length would be different but can we have a second or third opinion on this ?

Espada
Started learning about 480

Re: CV joint advice needed

Post by Espada » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Well I have tried but the best I can come up with is it looks like you are correct, yes they should be interchangabe.

Parts for Volvos only list the one for all 400 series volvos with the only difference being ABS/Non ABS. I have found another site that splits them down to the different engine sizes but I can find nothing that discriminates between the transmission fitted.

If we think logically, the more parts Volvo could share, the easier and cheaper they could make things. In view of this, it does look very likely that the fitment of ABS necessitated a different CV joint as this may have changed the hub or associated fittings.

Sorry I can't be more possative but if I find out I will let you know.

Regards.