dissabling of ABS

Brakepads, discs, handbrake. The brakes are crucial for your Volvo 480. Use this category to learn all you need to know!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Only Dust
Started learning about 480

dissabling of ABS

Post by Only Dust » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:27 pm

how can this be done ive tryed to do it via the fuses but this leads to progressivly hard brakes and eventualy none

i preffer the 100 % controll opption if ya gets me
1.7 480 turbo 1991

felyx
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by felyx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:12 am

disconnect each abs sensor frrom each wheel but cables tie the connectors safely out of the way , power must still go to the abs ecu and abs system in the engine bay for brakes to still work but they will lock up.

p.s why do you want to do this???

cheers felyx
140mph for £175 just test the brakes

Only Dust
Started learning about 480

Post by Only Dust » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:32 pm

ahh yes of corse :)

i have issues with abs and allways have i prefeerd the way a car handles under braking without it i have had manyer arguement with manyer people about this subject and i still feel better when i know its not there to do somit that im not yet ready for it to do

for example nailing upto a corner brake dip nose and theres that lil spit second when the nose is at its lowest and u flick the wheel while startin to come of brakes and the abs pushes ur foot into ur face :shock: and u miss the apex of corner and think to ur self i could of had that ARRRRHHHHHHHH :kill: :kill: :kill: i dont like abs lol it does my tit right in :wink:
1.7 480 turbo 1991