abs light

Brakepads, discs, handbrake. The brakes are crucial for your Volvo 480. Use this category to learn all you need to know!

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Machimba
480 Newbie

abs light

Post by Machimba » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:38 am

Hello,
the abs warning light turns on after a few seconds . The strange thing about it is that sometimes it does not, and specially when it,s raining. Can anybody help me? maybe it is something with the wheel sensor...

felyx
Advanced 480 rookie

Post by felyx » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:18 pm

to teast the wheel sensor buy a cheap multi meter like about £7 and find out what the electrical resistance is meant to be and hopefully it will be clear , i would start with the front passenger side sensor first .

also if you can remove all wheels and carfully clean the slotted rotors on the ABS discs and the tip of the sensors .

cheers felyx
140mph for £175 just test the brakes

Machimba
480 Newbie

Post by Machimba » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:59 am

felyx wrote:to teast the wheel sensor buy a cheap multi meter like about £7 and find out what the electrical resistance is meant to be and hopefully it will be clear , i would start with the front passenger side sensor first .

also if you can remove all wheels and carfully clean the slotted rotors on the ABS discs and the tip of the sensors .

cheers felyx

OK, I´ll try it. Thanks and best regards,