stil no vem response

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

johan
480 Newbie

stil no vem response

Post by johan » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:20 pm

Today after a long time of anoying wet windows i decided to repair the VEM, i removed the vem and have taken a close look at it also inside, al the solder jonts where in good condition, so i placed it back on it's place, closed my eyes started the engine and waited for the the blower to start working, but nothing.........
But what i do hear when i push some of the buttons is the sound of a relais like clikking on the left of my dashboard somewhere near the fusebox it seems, and i hear a tiny verry tiny whistle at the rear of the vem, now i am wondering, could it be a broken relais????
Please help me... :cryhard:

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:07 am

should be quit repairable. But you have to know what youre doing. Best is to download the dutch electrical schedule at the site of member Dragon. It also explains which relay in the relay box it can be, which fuses there are, which connectors have to be examined, etc. etc.

By the way, windows that turn damp very fast is an indication that there is water leaking in the car, and the mats are wet from beneath. Than you have a high moisure degree in the car.

Are you the same "johan" from the belgian Msn 480 club ?

so download, and make some copies from the electrical schedule at http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk andrun down the track like a map. Its easy. Check every component you find on "your way"
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen

johan
480 Newbie

Thanks in advance

Post by johan » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:33 am

As i am writing this i am downloading the pdf file of the electric scheme, thanks for your info, if this will do the trick then i'll shurly will let you know, if it doesn't then i'll keep on trying.
It could be possible that i am the same johan as the one from the belgian club, i've been al lot of places on the internet.
member no 0041
1989 Volvo 480 ES
graphite grey colornr 304
www.johanbaremans.com