turbo sensor's part number ?

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

turbo sensor's part number ?

Post by volvofox » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:36 am

Hi

I have a live, cut and unconnected wire laying about in the engine bay. since there are only two red and black wires in the engine bay and the injector heat sensor is connected, it must be the turbo (coolant?) heat sensor.

And yes, near the turbo, left side, (so battery side) on the rear corner of the engine, below what i suspect is a black "cylinder" that handles the waste gate "cylinder" I could feel a steel line, about a cm in diameter, with a welded on T and a sensor with a hex 22mm. As I unscewed it i noticed that it was only half, the rest was sheared of. I compared it to my friends car.

so here i went to the major volvo dealer. they did not know what I was talking about. I pointed it out to him, and still could not find a thing in the computer. That i asked some tools to unsrew it for him (did not dareb to drive whitout it) but this was not possible. I drove all the way home, through rushhour to get tools, and showed him the left over bits of what whas a sensor. He said the old pressed in numbers said nothing to him

He calls me back. :badmood:

Now I know why volvo dealers are so expensive. I have count about ten people running about with a cellphone, but doing nothing productive. Some were leaning back behind their buro's asking eachother who is tomorows mecannic (can you believe this ? all these people and no mecanics....)

Donot think i am naive or prejudged, I had a job at a John-Deere Importer, the "Middle" (middenkader) white collar people were in much more numbers as the "working", blue collar people too. some of them were because of procedures creating their own job too. ( I know I did)

they had some fancy XC 90's and a loaded sec. hand V70 T5 awd.... realy cool car with leather. If I only had the money...

can some body help me ? the partsbook can't. :angry:
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen

chris1roll
Friend of Club 480 Europe

Post by chris1roll » Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:20 pm

Right, I found this in VADIS,it is from: terminal connections for LH-Jetronic sysytem:-
You may already have this, but if you can trace the wiring with a cicuit tester you can see if it is this part going to the terminals?
wire 1 goes to terminal 2 of the Jetronic ECU, while you can see where the other one goes. had to cut it off else the pic would be about 7meg in size!
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

chris1roll

Post by chris1roll » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:10 pm

try that
:D
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:15 am

thanks a milion. !

it realy looks indeed like the top rh one.
Btw. I don't have vadis installed (How can I get one? can't they be flipped over by FTP ? ) well, maybe something of the future, i havent got any space left and my burner gone to the everlasting prairies
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen

chris1roll

Post by chris1roll » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:09 pm

top right, I was lloking at the one in the centre!!
Don't rder one with the number I just gave you!
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

chris1roll

Post by chris1roll » Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:14 pm

The top right is connected to the air conditioning control, but it doesn's say what it is.
2001 V70 XC 2.5T
1989 744 GL Auto

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:28 am

don't have (need?) airco, so the top one is prob. not ok. just looks that way with the small nose. thanks.
I am going to swear atr my vulva dealer :wink:
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen