cem dead part 2

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

jamwor007
Started learning about 480

cem dead part 2

Post by jamwor007 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:26 pm

well here i go again well not also has the info center gone down now my front light dont pop up here is the back ground and see if any one can help please well left running light bulbs goes so have replaced both brought barnd new buld holders at £13 each and now what happeds is pops on there own dont work put on left indicator light will pop up and down all ok turn off indactor and lights will switch off but then dont come back up try this on the right side lights staydown but also if you read last cem dead string was having problems with that so went in side car and dash board lights where flashing the same as indictor but only happends when turning left have a lose wire in dash color is think brown and grey but not sure where it is ment to go ANY BODY ANY IDEAS RING ME OR EMAIL CHEER MOBILE=07980615603 JAM12@HOTMAIL.COM ANY LIVE IN LINCOLN TO HELP :)?

dragon
Volvo 480 Club Europe CREW

Post by dragon » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:35 pm

Your replcaement holder and bulb may be of the other kind. That is, if you car is older, it has a lower wattage bulb setup, and your new holder and bulb might be the slightly higher voltage one, or vice versa if your car is new.
Cheers! [img]http://www.dragons.org.uk/images/guin.gif[/img]

Gaz Wilson

1997 V70R AWD in Saffron, RICA 580, hot hot HOT!
1995 480 Turbo, Flame Red Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1993 480 turbo, Vase Green Metallic/Jacquard-Leather
1995 Range Rover 4.6 HSE V8 - Full leather and more!
http://volvo480.northernscum.org.uk <--- Full spec!

Got horses? - [url=http://www.horse-teeth.co.uk][img]http://www.northernscum.org.uk/avatars/ggedt_anim.gif[/img][/url]

strangegame
480 Expert

Re: cem dead part 2

Post by strangegame » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:35 pm

jamwor007 wrote:well here i go again well not also has the info center gone down now my front light dont pop up here is the back ground and see if any one can help please well left running light bulbs goes so have replaced both brought barnd new buld holders at £13 each and now what happeds is pops on there own dont work:)?
you may have put the wrong running light bulbs in (like i did) double check the bulbs with the old ones expecially the watt mine are both 5w double contact like brake lights

sorry cant help with info centre
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/strangegame/gerscar.jpg

David Thornber

Post by David Thornber » Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:38 pm

Sounds like an earthing problem, but your post is very hard to understand without any punctuation.

As someone asked previously please punctuate your posts. It makes it easier to understand your problems, and then suggest a possible solution.

Regards,
Dave.

jamwor007

Post by jamwor007 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:17 pm

ok sorry the puntuation + spelling

the problem is

1)only when i put the left turn signal on i can put my lights up

2)my cem display is not working not sure if related or not ?

3)the running lights only go bright dont go dim when lights do go up

4)when the turn signal is on the dash board lights flash as well :?

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:05 am

didn't I advise you right in the beginning to check and improve earthing ?

download the electric scheme and see on what connector this brow grey wire goes (yes, brown in vehicle means ground or minus !)

this can also cause problems at the pop up

the fact you can do things as indicating left means that you move a broken wire, or (obvious) bring just enough ground to the system you start, with the indicator light.

so repair the loose wire, you prob. solve everything, and if not check earting point and the connections behind the radio you made.

you do best to install original bulb holders and bulbs, the volvo ones, there have been to many problems with other ones in the past. and we are no kopymachines, I mean, sometimes one gets tyred typing the same over and over again. Oh, and I have no trouble with your posts at all.

this is all about the simple fact that if there is no ground to anything electric, nothing works, even if the current and the fuses are fine.

(sometimes even ground is taken from anything other : for example if you have no ground to the braking (rear light) it will burn lightly if you turn on the indicator)
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen