Power drain per fuse

From CEM to VEM, from LED to lightbulb and more. If you have an electrical problem, like a broken info-centre, search for answers in this category. This is also the place to be when you expect the problem to be of an electrical nature...

Moderators: jifflemon, coyote1980, Rachel

Ettore Bugatti
480 Is my middle name

Power drain per fuse

Post by Ettore Bugatti » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:11 am

Because the multimeter @ home only can measure till 200mA, I was wondering what the powerdrain per fuse is. So I can easily find which group has a fault.

Something like this:
fuse nr. | mA
etc.

bye for now

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:39 pm

ettore, it should be 0, 03 ampere. keepm the bonnet closed as you measure.., because the hoodlockswitch not only handles the hood lamp, but also has a circuit to the cem and back, using current.
You also have to wait until the time relays are down. (few minutes)

so hang the multimeter on your car (10 amp MM. at the "gamma" is not expensive some like 10 euro's)

as you have multimeter on, hood closed (cables to the outside thus) door Window open.take the fuses out one by one. You will notice the most it goes down with fuse one. (there is a lot on fuse one) work through the open window, donot open the door. unplug the radio, amplifier and all what you have made inthere yourselves. un plug the CEM, etc etc. work in steps, and after every step check the amp.

If the "cause" is the cem, this isn't nescesarry so, I had a power drain, that stopped uncoupling the cem, but it was a dirty hoodlock switch (system of CEM)

happy finding

Luck
JPF
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen

Ettore Bugatti
480 Is my middle name

Post by Ettore Bugatti » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:14 pm

instead of closing the hood can't I just pull the switch down?(between the lights)
Thanks for very complete description

C6REW
Knows an Aerodeck isn't a 480

Post by C6REW » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:45 pm

Hi Ettore,

Cannot give you exact details but when mine was in the garage last week I asked why they had a spark plug upside down in the bonnet catch receiver. This apparantly switches the circuit off as there is a switch in there and they had done it to look at the operation of the headlights.

Regards

Chris

volvofox
480 Is my middle name

Post by volvofox » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:27 pm

Yes I did this..... but I donot advise people this. I used to stich a big srewdriver in there :badmood: untill the black plastic switchlever broke...... :angry: :angry:

luck
JPF

yust think logiocal, and test every step you make: you will find your problem. I am prejudged about the alarm switches. (doors, hatch, hood) I would not pull the connector of the hoodswitch, hmm, well, maybe think of it... remember the hoodswitch have 2 circuits.

luck
JPF
luck,
JPF

Nomen est Omen